PDA

View Full Version : LHR tower visit

mr.777
18th Sep 2002, 16:09
Greetings all.
Got my final interview for ATC in 3 weeks.Already arranged visits for LTCC and STN tower,but I would really love to visit LHR tower....if,by some miracle,I succeed then this would be my number 1 choice.
Anyway,to cut a short story long,according to NATS recruitment no visits planned for LHR tower for forseeable future.Hence wondering if any of you guys could arrange something for me.....
Visited it several years ago when I was dispatching a/c for Branson.....it is the nuts.
Would really appreciate it if anyone could something sort out.With any luck I could find myself working next to you one day......
Cheers!

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
18th Sep 2002, 18:58
I'm sure my mate ATCOII will shortly be in touch... but don't let it be known you want Heathrow or you'll get posted to Sumburgh!

Just a word of warning - they're all barking mad over there; I ought to know, I worked there for 23 years before being deported to West Drayton..

When you come to LTCC watch out for me - I'm the oldest Heathrow controller there; 3 days older than God at last count.

Good luck - honest!

vertigo
18th Sep 2002, 22:15
HD,

i thought you were god ;)

ATCO Two
18th Sep 2002, 22:34
Hi HD,

On the case. And you ARE God at (least on radar), but Steve Lambert is Jesus Christ!

Mr 777 - interesting choice of words, "if by some miracle" and "with any luck...". No luck or miracles required. Just sheer dogged determination, hard work and application during training, and a certain amount of natural flair and aptitude - together with multi tasking skills, high levels of concentration and problem solving ability under pressure. If you've got these, you should make it as an ATCO.

ex-EGLL
19th Sep 2002, 01:44
HD, when do you hang up your headset? I'll be over October 17-20, not sure what spare time I'll have at the moment, but what chance a visit to terminal??

Maybe even ATCO II's palace as well??

ex-egll

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
19th Sep 2002, 06:42
ex-EGLL. Hi B... I finish end of November, unless they offer me a pot of gold! I'm off on the days you're over but there'll probably be some guys around that you know. Give me a shout nearer the date and I'm sure we can fix something..

tired
19th Sep 2002, 20:59
Ok, to get back to the original question...!! :) :)

How do we arrange visits to the LHR Twr? (I'm a Driver, not an ATCO, in case you were wondering!)

Ta in advance

ATCO Two
19th Sep 2002, 23:51
Hi tired,

Send me an e-mail with your details.

tired
20th Sep 2002, 08:51
Thanks, ATCO Two. Emailed you via the facility in your profile here on Prune, hope it gets to you. This technology stuff is very confusing to my simple brain!! :)

mine's a double
23rd Sep 2002, 19:24
ATCO Two, in your list of criteria for making it as an atco, you forget to include the ability to consume vast quatities of alcohol, and sleeping with your eyes open during nav lessons!

23rd Sep 2002, 19:44
HD

Hi B..., I take it you're planning a "DO". Get the date out early, there will be a scramble for leave.

Point 4

:)