PDA

View Full Version : "Short List" letters-QANTAS

wing8
17th Sep 2002, 10:51
Hello everyone,

Need some advice from all you cabin crew/aspiring cabin crew in the know regarding short list letters as I have never received one before.

Have recently(approx 6-7 wks ago) completed interview process with QF/MAM(Mel) SH & just received letter to say that I have been placed on short list for 6mths and will be notified accordingly as vacancies arise.Initially I was somewhat disapointed and saw it as a negative but now am thankful it is not a "no letter" .Is there anyone out there who has received one of these and eventually been called?,I have some idea how airlines recruit & understand that things change from day to day such as number of new cabin crew required,ground school intakes etc.I know that there have been two intakes for training in Syd for MAM/QF but have not heard of one in Melb,is it possible that this has been put on hold??Sorry,lots of questions & uncertainty-I plan to move on,distract myself & get on with my life with some hope that maybe I'll get that phone call ONE DAY!
Any comments or insight into this topic would be very much appreciated,many thanks....
:rolleyes:

happyrainbow
18th Sep 2002, 06:07
Ive got a girlfriend who was in the same position as you are wing8. It was with Qantas long haul, after a certain amout of time they asked her to come in for a chat, kind of like another interview, she ended up recieving a letter from them saying they had no positions available at this present time, and to re apply when they recruited next after the 6 month wait.

Then Qantas/Mam advertised and well you can imagine how upset she was. She did have another girl from her interview who did get in, i guess it is a 50/50 chance now. Just play the waiting game, and apply to other airlines when you can.

Good Luck, fingers crossed

wing8
19th Sep 2002, 05:41
Thanks so much for your info/advice/support Biscuit Chucker & happyrainbow,it's nice to hear from others as it helps to lift the spirits or just shed some light on the subject in general(we all know how "turbulent"this industry can be)-any other comments/info from others would be appreciated.

Thanks again:)