PDA

View Full Version : Flight this week ??

AMEX
16th Sep 2002, 13:46
So who is advertising for 1900 and/or ATR 42 crew in this week's Flight ?
The advert states a North African base but I can't think of any company operating both types in that part of the world. I mean there is one but it is in Gabon so not quite North Africa.

Suggestions ?

AMEX
18th Sep 2002, 23:28
I know who it is now ;)

ZAZOO
19th Sep 2002, 01:48
Would you like to share that info with us then old chap;)

4granted
19th Sep 2002, 08:16
So come on then Amex???
Solenta? Rossair? Or NAC......
be a boet now....
4g

AMEX
19th Sep 2002, 21:12
:D :D :D
Gotcha !!

Sorry ZAZZO and 4granted but the lack of reply made me want to be "Phoney";)

Don't know yet who they are but I have sent my stuffs last Monday and I promised to let you who they are as soon as I know.

PS: Glad you enjoyed my sense of humor, it actually made me laugh a fair bit after I posted that one and I couldn't wait to see the questions marks to appear.

Forgiven ???

4granted
20th Sep 2002, 05:33
NO!

oh ok then.....
4g

flying masai
20th Sep 2002, 08:25
This is mean, but I am sure we will get over it.

4granted
20th Sep 2002, 08:51
We have to show some respect to the advertisers (Flt Intl.) If they wanted all and sundery to know whos recruiting they wouldnt have used the Box No....
Only thing is I wouldnt apply if I new it was a certain company
Oh well "JWAS= just wait and see?"
Could very well be a pleasant surprise...hahaha yeagh right..what are the chances.
Ill stop shooting my self in the foot around about now..
Masai..Jumbo Bwana...Sava'?
"Apel moi tout de siute"
4g

AMEX
20th Sep 2002, 09:57
;)

Yeah 4granted, same here, I mean I didn't want to apply to Avirex in Gabon hence my question.
Nevermind, I am sure someone will find out for us.

Thanks for your kindness FlyingMasai, you are a good man.

Talk later

planecrazi
20th Sep 2002, 12:31
I believe Rossair has a contract with a petroleum company in Algeria with a B1900-UC.

4granted
20th Sep 2002, 14:54
Nope, dont think Rossair advitise in Flt...but who knows...

flying masai
20th Sep 2002, 17:17
Cannot be Rossair, job is based in North Africa and in a french speaking country: Tunisia, Morroco, algeria...

Pick a guess from that.

Stratocaster
22nd Sep 2002, 07:29
Something tells me it's in Algeria. Might be Khalifa or Thassili, I'm not sure...

AMEX
22nd Sep 2002, 10:53
I thought about Khalifa too but I didn't know they had B1900s. Unless of course this is an addition....
Khalifa would be good because of the prospects they offer with a full range of A/C.

concordino
22nd Sep 2002, 17:21
Hello Guys,
Could it be Regional airlines In Morocco, they Got B1900D ?

ZAZOO
22nd Sep 2002, 19:11
Thought so too, regional airline company in Morocco. It is the first private sector airline in Morocco. The company makes eight flights a day to Aghadeer, Tango, Morocco and Tatwan.

They have four American Beach 1900D Planes for the time being.

Zazoo

AMEX
23rd Sep 2002, 13:46
Hi Zazoo How is it hanging ?

The advert is back in Flight this week. It has been on the website for a little while and published twice, the mystery remain....

Didn't Regional was operating ATRs too.

Anyway, no news is good news isn't it ?

Bye all

ZAZOO
23rd Sep 2002, 19:44
Salut Amex,

Hangin well indeed !

I beleive they only operate 1900Ds, the only other airline I know of with ATRs in that region is RAM (Royal Air Maroc).

Saw them in the area on a ferry flight to Nigeria.

A' bientot

Zazoo

PS: CHECK YOUR MAIL ! ;)

concordino
23rd Sep 2002, 20:09
Hello Guys
there are rumors saying Regional Air Lines will become a feeder for Royal Air Maroc.
Since RAM is storing its remaining two ATR's it would only make sense they give them to Regional to add to their Fleet of B1900D.
It has been said that if an agreement is reached then RAM will require Regional to get Bigger equipement in the 50 seater category. The ATR seems to be the perfect solution to both companies.
But it is very uncomon for Moroccans to advertise in Flight International.
Algerians on the other hand are more closely tied with Flight International.

Just Guesses
Cheers

ZAZOO
23rd Sep 2002, 20:36
Might just be a good guess :)

split bus
27th Sep 2002, 11:14
Hi to all the Rossair guys ! (worked 6 years for them...) Does any of you know which company is looking for 1900 and Atr type rated Pilots ? I've queried in several places, seems it is NOT Tossair. Any clews ?

Cheers,

gravitysux
27th Sep 2002, 13:30
Now Urgently looking for a Capt....:confused:

AMEX
27th Sep 2002, 15:13
I reckon it is someone who has decided to have a bit of fun and published a spoof advert;)

maxrated
27th Sep 2002, 17:16
Rossair currently have 4 1900 D's in Algeria plus some twotters, their clients requirements are pretty rough, 4000 hours total time , Altp, 500 on type, 1000 multicrew/multi turbine, for a captain, client prefers bilingual crew plus should be a damn pleasant chap etc etc. these requirements for both Beech and twotter.

Requirements for co pilots are slightly easier.

I havnt heard anything from anyone in Rossair regarding crew requirements though.

Should I hear differently I'll keep all updated.

Rat Catcher
27th Sep 2002, 18:46
Could be Aircraft Leasing Services and or Executive Turbine..
ALS (based in Nairobi) has 1900's on contract in N. Africa and the bush telegraph service said recently that they will be getting an ATR 42 probably from E.T(SA):D :D
But then again....

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

AMEX
6th Oct 2002, 11:10
Well that's it we know who they are.. Or do we ?
It is called Air Logistic Luxembourg pour un contrat en Algerie.
Any one knows anything about it ?

I think they tried to call yesterday morning but couldn't pick up the phone in time so I got an email instead.
WHo s going for it then ?

split bus
6th Oct 2002, 11:29
Hi to all.
Just got called this morning (Sunday !!!) from a French guy regarding position in Africa. Also got his mail. It is for a Luxemburg company, called AIR LOGISTIC, and to be based in the Sahara. 22 days on, 8 off, flown back to Paris. No news yet regarding salaries, nor contract. Any one knows more about them ? It seems several companies are opening contract for these oil guys. A guy from Airlines Appointments contacted me last week, but for Libya........

Cheers...

Hey Amex, did you work for TTL ?

AMEX
6th Oct 2002, 11:41
No, my my mate did. Looked into it but not that much and that was just after Gabon so I really fancied going home for a while.

split bus
6th Oct 2002, 11:49
I flew for them, when working for Tossair. Forget it, they (Jean Pierre, the Md) were total loosers ! And it actually became dangerous to know him.

AMEX
6th Oct 2002, 11:52
Met the brother in DRC too, a few years back;)

Check your PM again

AMEX
19th Oct 2002, 08:11
Got an email from the agency. Aircrafts F- registered, salary (F/O) 1400 USD/pcm + 855 (per diem total).
Accomodation and all the food provided.
75 hours a months
Anyone has taken it yet ?

Cheers

split bus
19th Oct 2002, 08:17
Got the same mail. It is a temp contract, 3 to 6 months, until the local Algerian crews get up and running. Even with my 1000 hours captain, they only offer me P2, with a xxx salary. Sorry boet, they wont see me there, unless......

AMEX
19th Oct 2002, 08:38
I see... Nothing was mentioned about a short term contract. I guess in that case that would be it then. The job market is looking rosey on my side so I ll have to be a little bit more patient then and remember that I want to fly jets !!
I must say for the money on offer I can fly the company's King Air and as a Captain (Staying in the UK, I will have to pay rent and food but the increase in salary will make up for it).
That is if I fancy getting bonded, which isn't the case....yet (for that type I mean).

AMEX
22nd Oct 2002, 10:39
Not going for it.

split bus
22nd Oct 2002, 10:42
Yep, turned them down too. Perhaps they will re adjust their salaries....