PDA

View Full Version : Maun Info

Rednex
11th Sep 2002, 12:07
Greeting All,

Off to Maun in a month, was wondering where there are cheap places to stay, drink and rent a car (if needed). What it like down there? Much work?

Any help would be FAB!

Ola
17th Sep 2002, 16:33
Maun is hot as hell!
itīs just a verry small town, accomodation is quit expensive, the best option is to bring a tent and stay at one of the campingsites. audicamp is a good one, a couple of Km outside the town on the mainroad towards fransistown, most pilots hang out at "the bull and bush" just next to the airport. You are actualy ariving at the end of the season, but good luck anyway, you never know!
/

big buddah
17th Sep 2002, 23:47
Redneck,

You might want to do alot more research, Maun is alittle different to what you think hot, dirty, expensive, no rental cars,sleeping in tents,walking everywhere and you'll be arriving at the end of the season.
Do a search on this forum.
It'll save you alot of money and time!

AMEX
18th Sep 2002, 18:30
so the AVIS office is closed then ???

As for expensive, I think a good personality and a bit of ingenuity and you can sleep for not much.
I agree it isn't the cheapest African place to go but one of the most stable, safest and with good potential for low timers.
Bribing not required, dodgy flying (like the type found in more Northern parts of Africa) not required and in my days, a great pilot community too.