PDA

View Full Version : Australian Airlines Info?

suzie-A
8th Sep 2002, 23:28
Anyone have any details about Australian Airlines- training, pay, DTA- basically anything?? Am currently flying O/S but want to return to OZ. Am in OZ at present on hols but if anyone knows anyone at Australian ( apparently they started training recently?) any information would be appreciated. I heard rumours that staff are initially employed on 3 month temp. contract? Any info. appreciated. :)

FREP
14th Sep 2002, 03:58
Suzie

Training has already started in CNS however no one knows dta details etc, my partner is starting on the 22nd. No other info has been given to him re allowances.

FREP

flitegirl
12th Oct 2002, 12:27
Hi... a friend of mine who has joined them says that there is no DTA but instead an overnight allowance depending on where you are on layover. Not sure how much though. This is on top of your base salary (36k approx). The three month thing is simply your normal probation period, not a contract.

Cheers, goodluck. Flitegirl;)

cino2go
12th Oct 2002, 15:03
I would suggest checking out the FAAA website. www.faaa.net
Once at the page you will see australian airlines at the top. Click on that then you can see the award. If you want to find out how much you will get on overnight you will need to check out the ATO website >> www.ato.gov.au Hope this helps