PDA

View Full Version : Cathay

Whitebug-speed
8th Sep 2002, 21:22
Does anyone know if there's still a recruitment ban at Cathay ?

whodunnit2
9th Sep 2002, 00:33
Yes the ban is still on at CX. Not that it is doing anything effective other than keep "the loyal" folks out of jobs.

I know a few guys on the courses at the moment and to myself and most others here, we are glad to see them and they are most welcome.

:) :) :D

SonicVIPER
9th Sep 2002, 05:18
Howzit guys -

Just noticed on Cathay's website that they are doing second officer intakes again. The positions sound very appealing but would like to know from anyone who went about this route. Hear you sit as a boy pilot for about 2-3 years. Maybe there's someone out there who joined as a second officer and can share the good and bad things about Cathay with us?

Thanks

6feetunder
9th Sep 2002, 14:30
To myself and most others, none of them are welcome.

gearupgone
10th Sep 2002, 03:10
Join them now only if you want to be an unhappy pilot, and never be welcome by the pilots at cathay or any other major airline anywhere. Don't get on the wrong side of the union - because management is sure not going to look after you in a few years time!

Tibesti 3415
12th Sep 2002, 14:02
Sonic Viper.
As a second officer with CX you baby sit the autopilot when the Captain is having a rest for at least two years before you upgrade to junior F/O and so on...

whodunnit2
13th Sep 2002, 07:08
Yes you do "just baby sit the autopilot" as you do in any S/O or Boypilot job. Fortunately you also have the opportunity to learn a huge amount by watching the experienced folk. It is a great time in your life to travel and learn about your airline with no pressure and very little responsibility.

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for my upgrade, but I am loving life as a S/O.

I have many friends on the wrong side of the ban, all of whom have there own reasons for joining, none of whom are unhappy with joining when they did.

I too wish that MY union had the teeth that some blokes on this forum seem to think that it does, but truth is that it is all bark and no bite!

Don't let these few hardcore blokes put you off though. CX is a wonderful company and the majority of crew here are great guys and girls.

Good luck to all of you with interviews next month.

6feetunder
13th Sep 2002, 13:25
But seriously whodunnit, what do you want to be when you grow up?

whodunnit2
16th Sep 2002, 02:14
6FU,

It must be real "fun" getting up in the morning and going to work for you.

Life is too short to spend it being grumpy and negative 24/7. Lighten up a little and appreciate what you HAVE. There is a lot worse out there mate!!

Smile once in a while. You may even like it!

:) :)

6feetunder
16th Sep 2002, 09:41
So whodunnit I should smile more eh? Not a morning goes by when I don't get up and think of the closest friend I have in the world who has been a victim of the despicable behaviour of CX management. The morally bankrupt management you seem to enjoy working for has taken the livelihoods and careers away from close friends and colleagues "for no particular reason".

I get up every morning and I see the faces of these close friends, their wives and their kids and wonder how the hell twits like you can smile and pretend none of this has happened.

Smile?

Like I said, what do you want to be when you grow up?

whodunnit2
16th Sep 2002, 12:19
6FU,

I like the way that everyone who disagrees with your views is a "twit" or similar.

Nobody likes what happened to the 49ers but I don't plan to make my life or any new joiners life miserable to compensate. Doing that makes you just as guilty as management.

Two wrongs DO NOT make a right!

Lighten up a little and you will find life and work much more pleasant.

I know for sure that "I will grow up" happy. What else matters? Life is way too short to do it any other way mate!!!

:) :)

6feetunder
16th Sep 2002, 17:07
You just don't get it, that is what makes you such a twit. Grow up.

BMM389EC
16th Sep 2002, 21:33
6FU
If you feel so strongly about it, why not strike(I know,I know) sick out, go slow, work to rule, MSS 2 ? Oh sorry, it's easier to let someone else on the other side of the world fight your battles and just mouth off on an internet forum. You sir are the twit.

Icarius
21st Sep 2002, 13:11
I am a wannabe Cathay Boy Pilot, and I think the way 6fu talks is most unprofessional. Most of the people talking about this subject are doing so in a professional manner and are stating their opinions. 6fu is clearly retaliating with vicious comments because he has himself in a corner with no way out.

6fu, why don't you move out of the way and let people that want to work for the airline in?

And don't retaliate with I'm just a twit or a fool, or whatever else you are no doubt going to say, because I am not.

:) :) :D

4HolerPoler
21st Sep 2002, 16:36
The original question was answered & this one's going down the tubes.

4HP