PDA

View Full Version : PPL Groundschool

Proffessor Yaffel
19th Dec 2001, 23:19
Could anyone give me any advice on doing the PPL exams all in one go. I've seen an advert in the aviation publications for a guy (Derek Davidson) who runs the kind of scheme I would be interested in. Has anyone been to him and is he recommended? Also does anyone else run the same kind of thing and who do people recommend.

I hope to complete the majority of the writtens asap while the weather is not so good.

bow5
20th Dec 2001, 13:06
Get your PPL text books (Mine were Jeremy Pratt), read them and try and absorb what's there. Then get the PPL confuser and work your way through it. Don't just learn the answers, UNDERSTAND them and you will walk the exmas. With a little bit of prep you will find they are not at all difficult.

[ 20 December 2001: Message edited by: bow5 ]</p>

PeterBruh
20th Dec 2001, 13:14
I agree with bow5 absolutely. In the early days I was going to buy the Softrain CD. Didn't in the end. I found the Jeremy Pratt books (AFE) very good. Read them, learn and understand and you'll be fine.

Radio practical is the only exception where you need CAP413 and perhaps a mock practiical - the written is fine though.

tonyqpr
22nd Dec 2001, 20:01
PY,I am in the same boat and am considering doing the same thing.

Its easy to say read your text books, but most of us lead busy lives and it's just not practical sometimes.

JCouch
22nd Dec 2001, 22:28
I agree (stating the obvious) but I luckily had a train journey so I had two weeks per book. I also approached it from a safety point of view i.e did I really understand it? Read the books, I have the Trevor Thom, make good use of the Confuser, and go back to all the books each year. Also some of the Confuser answers are wrong but very few.

This should not cause too much stress!

Good luck