PDA

View Full Version : Whats the real cost/PPL?

sunnygee
4th Sep 2002, 14:47
HI,I'm taking my PPL this November in Orlando Kissmmee.
I've taken in consideration for the cost of doing my PPL which is:
PPL=$4695
FAA medical=$100
Insurance=£2.50/per flight
Living cost=$250/per week(food and drink)
This place is run by Tom Maklin,if some one has trained their please let me know what you think of it and all the costs which I haven't accounted for.

Gin Slinger
4th Sep 2002, 16:12
I trained down the road in Naples, so these are just general comments:

Remember the cost you quoted for the PPL would be for the minimum number of flight hours required the regulator.

Best to budget for a few more hours, just in case.

Does your quote include personal equipment such as a headset, nav 'computer' (CRP-1 or CRP-5 if planning on continuing to professional level), etc?

Are written exams included? You'll obviously need something like the Trevor Thom books as study materials, plus the resident examiners tend to charge for flight and written tests - they'll usually want cash for these, as it tends to goes straight in their back pockets. Don't forget the RT practical either.

You'll probably need a special travel insurance policy too - standard ones tend to specifically exclude flight training.

Good luck!

big.al
5th Sep 2002, 12:45
I did my JAA PPL there in April/May this year. If you want more details please e-mail my private address. The costings you have outlined are about right but I'll give you more info. directly if you drop me a line.