PDA

View Full Version : Got a cheap GPS for sale!!!

Holdposition
4th Sep 2002, 13:46
I had the (pleasure) of having my vehicle broken into in the EGGP area yesterday evening:(, some of the items taken was my flight bag (locked in boot) complete with all the bits and pieces we carry and including a skymap II and a pair of D.C 10-13.4 with name etched in.

It goes without saying that if anyone is offered any such equipment at silly prices they might like to let me know as all I want is the majority of it back to enable me to go flying:)

Thanks if anyone can help.

Go-on-Boy
5th Sep 2002, 09:39
Holdposition, sorry to hear about the trouble you had, there is just too much of this going on especially in the area you were. Sure the items are no good to them so maybe the local force might pick something up on it, if you like to send me a list of items I will get it put on the respective copy and have a word on your behalf with the local boys.
I see you have been swamped with replies:( to your post! and i thought all pilots were buddies when it came to matters like this, i'm reminded of a certain parable, walking on the other side of the road!. You would have thought a certain moderator might have had the manners to say the odd word as he originates from that area, cheers for now and don't forget the list asap.

BRL
5th Sep 2002, 09:56
You would have thought a certain moderator might have had the manners to say the odd word as he originates from that area
So whats it got to do with me and what did you expect me to say about it.? :confused:

long final
5th Sep 2002, 09:59
GOB,

Little harsh on the PPRUNE community don't you think? HP's post is specific re. content, and regards something that is very commonplace nowadays. So while I am sure most sympathise with HP, a whole bunch of 'Soooo sorry about your loss .....' posts wouldn't make a difference to Him/Her. He/She has posted to see if anyone can help to retrieve the items, and as yet you are the only person able to help. I am sure that if any other ppruners can help they will post???

LF

28thJuly2001
5th Sep 2002, 11:45
Can you claim on your household insurance, I had a video camera stolen while it wasn't in the house and the insurance paid up.
Might be worth while pursuing.
Walt,,

Holdposition
5th Sep 2002, 18:32
Gob:

Thanks for the offer i have forwarded the relevant details to you, thanks again,

Walt:

Have gone down the insurance route and should be no problem on payout but as i'm sure you can imagine it's all the little things we build up over the years that are so difficult to replace, thanks for your help though.

Holdposition
10th Sep 2002, 16:03
GOB:

Well what can I say apart from thankyou thankyou thankyou, truly wonderful my flight case and equipment are back in my little hands now thanks to your fantastic help and assistance, many thanks indeed, dinner for you and your good lady will be my pleasure.

Would be nice if your associates can stich the little sods up with a load of TIC'S but as you say that area of the country is full of light fingered characters so they should be spoilt for choice!!!

Just goes to show the power of posting on here and for what it's worth I fully agree with the "The click" element you wrote about.

28thJuly2001
10th Sep 2002, 16:10
Hope you remembered to tell the insurance company that you got your stuff back. :D
(nudge,nudge, wink,wink, say no more)
Walt,,

Aussie Andy
10th Sep 2002, 16:15
Well done GOB - good to see / hear of such good and effective policing mate!

BRL
10th Sep 2002, 18:03
Nice one GOB. Excellent result :)