PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand - American conversions

Sean Leveloff
21st Feb 2002, 05:08
I am interested in moving from New Zealand to America and converting my licences. Are there any Kiwis out there that have recently gone through this process?

I understand the PPL conversion is simple, what about the CPL, Instrument rating and Flight Instructors rating. I was traumatized when someone said it will cost up to USD$10,000.

Any assistance would be appreciated.. .Cheers.

craigwtw
21st Feb 2002, 08:37
Level Off,. .I think $10000USD is a bit high for converting. If you are current IFR and can remember how to do commercial standard airwork you should be able to get it all done for less than that, maybe much less if you go to the right place. Send me an email if you want all the info and I will look up the regs and tell you exactly what you need to do, as it will depend on your experience and whether you have met all the individual requirements for the US equivalent licence, ie minimum instrument time , x-country time etc.I am a kiwi and I still do some part time work at a flight school here so I am kinda familiar with the process and I can give you a rough idea of costs in my area as well.