PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft hire for Le 2K trip

Coke611
2nd Sep 2002, 11:34
Was wondering,
If I was to take a trip down to Le 2K with a couple of pax in, say, a 172 or PA28, for a weekend, how much roughly would it cost to hire the aircraft? Do you pay for hours flying time by the Hobbs or do you pay a 'daily' rate for having the aircraft?

Also, what route do you lot take to Le 2K, what ATC units do you talk to, general route info etc etc.

As I'm still studying to get my PPL its a long way off till I get to actually fly this route, but just wanted some more info!

CHeers,

Louis Coke (aka Coke611)

Courtman
2nd Sep 2002, 12:19
We flew through L2K this weekend, from Luton. Routing is pretty straight-forward, Luton - BPK VOR - LAM VOR - DVR VOR - Cap Gris Nez - Le Touquet. I always try to take the shortest hop across the wet bit, and at the highest altitude possible.

Regarding the cost, it varies according to which club you hire from. My club charges for the hours entered in the tech log, no other costs. Some clubs insist on a minimum hours per day charge.

Le Touquet is probably more expensive than many other French airfields, around 18 euros for a PA-28. This is probably because of the volume of Brits that pile in there at the weekend, this weekend there were only 2 French aircraft on the apron!!!!

:) ;) :p ;) :)

Holloway
2nd Sep 2002, 13:22
My club said I could hire a plane to go to Le 2K for the day would cost me about £180 all in.... Cheap if u ask me if 4 of you go!!