PDA

View Full Version : Zambia-also no more validations

Flying Bean
2nd Sep 2002, 04:44
Zambia CAA will shortly announce that they will also now no longer grant validations to foreign CPLs. They say they are fed up with foreign CPLs coming in to Zambia to work for 6/9 months and not getting the Zambian CPL even when they have a 2 year work permit.
Apparently they will give you a PPL while you do the CPL process, but you cannot work during this time.
I think we will also see a crack down on Work permits

4144r
2nd Sep 2002, 21:17
No more Zambian validations?
We don't care....there is no reliables companies in Zambia !
Sorry only one! (Proflight)
and I know what i am talking about.
Soft landing.

AMEX
2nd Sep 2002, 21:27
Not necessarily talking about Zambia (I know very little about it), but perhaps the local authorities wouldn't need to deliver validations if they were a little bit more efficient at delivering licences.
In many countries (not only in Africa mind you) and all too often a validation is nothing else but a licence to print money, I am surprised they want to ditch that ;)

NdekePilot
2nd Sep 2002, 23:04
I guess there will soon be a shortage of pilots in Zambia then, as the majority of ex Zambia Airways pilots are working abroad for the likes of Kenya Airways and DAS air based at Gatwick...(perhaps the UK should reciprocate the kind gesture of clamping down on work permits/validations etc...) There are not a lot of local pilots being trained since ZASTI closed its flight training doors....mostly due to the weather, sun spots, colonialism, etc etc, nothing to do with bad management, lack of funding etc of course, and many of the local pilots are simply not interested in flying Barons and Cessna 206s around the bush. It is all very well for the DCA etc to clamp down on validations etc, but they do not come up with an alternative solution....there's a surprise. It is great to see such promotion of growth and investment, and encouragement of tourism in the country. With over half of southern Africa's water in the country, it will be self sufficient in food production next.....