PDA

View Full Version : European Flight Training FI(R)

PA28
20th Feb 2002, 18:21
I have just seen an advert in Flyer advertising JAA Flight Instructor Ratings at European Flight Training in Florida. The advert says guaranteed instructor position upon completion. Can anyone back this job offer up through personal experience.

Many thanks

DesiPilot
21st Feb 2002, 04:24
Dear Raspberry,

Not sure about the guarnteed job. Presently I am doing my FI(R) there and from my experience I can tell you that the standard of instruction is excellent. Trevor is very good instructor. There are 4 European instructors working here who teach only JAA courses. Hopefully one of them will reply to your posting as well.

GoneWest
21st Feb 2002, 07:22
"Guarantee" is a fairly strong word.

They may "offer" you a position - though JAA qualified instructors should be able to find a job offer just about anywhere - but then you have to convince "immigration" that you are needed and suitably qualified (which does not mean just being an inexperienced JAA instructor).

MorningGlory
22nd Feb 2002, 01:40
DesiPilot,

Who teaches the CPL at EFT, is it only Trevor?

[ 21 February 2002: Message edited by: MorningGlory ]</p>

MissChief
22nd Feb 2002, 01:52
Is that the world-famous Trevor Booth? Good bloke.

DesiPilot
22nd Feb 2002, 03:13
Mischief,. .Its Trevor Brackston.

Morning Glory : . .I am doing both CPL and FI(R). Trevor is instructing me for FI and Ben Wood for CPL. There are other instructors who instruct for CPL too. All of them have recieved their standardisation from either Trevor or Ben.