PDA

View Full Version : Formation & aerobatic training in the NE?

DB6
1st Sep 2002, 09:29
If an organisation were to be set up in the North East of England offering, amongst other things, formation and aerobatic training by military qualified instructors (A2/A1 equiv.), would anyone be interested?

stiknruda
1st Sep 2002, 11:12
After your less than startling showing this w/e at Connington, BAeA Standard National level Championship- I assume that you mean gentle Sunday afternoon aeros and not balls-out competition level stuff?:D :D :D

I have dropped you a private message, revealing my id, too!

Yours

Stik

DB6
1st Sep 2002, 20:33
Ooooooh! Savage! I didn't say I'd be doing it, mind :cool: .
The trip back in formation with the Yak boys was more successful :D .
You could argue that I'm now better placed to pass on the wisdom of not going off early with a strong unforecast wind, and when best to rock out and start again ;) .

Clematis
2nd Sep 2002, 10:05
There is already a fine aerobatic coaching facility in the NE of England, I doubt whether two are needed. As for the combination of formation training/military instructors - too much testosterone :D I guess we would finally understand what the non standard R/T means though :cool:

Fast Erect
2nd Sep 2002, 21:38
Clem...I'm with you on the non-standard RT phraseology...it has claimed lives in the UK, and will certainly continue to do so whilst ever these dick heads think they are immune.
Why is it that(pseudo) military guys think they have a monopoly on formation flying?? Answers on a postcard please.
And to say that the correspondent is a current 'military' pilot, a very uninspiring result is to be seen on the results page.

DB6
3rd Sep 2002, 17:35
Hmmmm, Fast Erect, you're obviously an expert on the difference between competition aeros and aeros as taught by CFS then? Did we see you there on Saturday? How did you do? How have you done at previous competitions?
Who are the dickheads to whom you refer? What do you know about R/T phraseology with reference to formation flying? What makes you say the military think they have a monopoly on formation flying? I haven't done a search for your previous posts but something tells me they may make revealing reading :rolleyes: .
Yours ever DB6

Clematis, good point. Don't think many could compete with said establishment.

Fast Erect
3rd Sep 2002, 23:41
.:p

stiknruda
4th Sep 2002, 08:44
DB6 - have a funny feeling that Fast Erect could be one of us! If it is who I think it is, he was there Sat!

Of course I could be totally wrong.

:D

GuyS
4th Sep 2002, 09:10
Forgive my ignorance, but what is the said establishment in the NE that is so fantastic?

Cheers,

Guy

javelin
4th Sep 2002, 16:23
Mr Cassells at Bagby

www.skyboard.co.uk

DB6
4th Sep 2002, 19:38
Stik, could be but it would surprise me. Somebody must've rattled his cage, whatever. Hope it wasn't me.......nahhhh, couldn't have been :cool: I've NEVER used non-standard R/T .;) ;)

Fast Erect
4th Sep 2002, 21:46
Ding Dong.;)