PDA

View Full Version : To all hour builders in the North West

aces low
20th Feb 2002, 17:28
From my previous post (http://www.pprune.org/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=011808&p=) you may know that I have some 'controversial' views on hour building being a way of bad habit building that can cost you money to undo when you do your CPL/IR. Well I am a new FI with no job and time on my hands and would welcome the opportunity to fly with anybody who wants a FI passenger in the Right Hand Seat. Obviously you log P1 and my services would be more as a safety pilot, extra pair of eyes and feed back if requested. Keeps me occupied and helps you to set your self more challenging tasks with confidence.

Must emphasise that this not a way of getting free instruction...more a chance to build hours while having a critical eye cast upon your flying...and hopefully spotting those bad habits early.

ILS27R
21st Feb 2002, 00:35
aces low,

Why haven't you got a job outside of aviation- until the market picks up? Just wondering- as you mention in your post about having time on your hands?

Good luck anyway in finding something.

ILS27R

aces low
21st Feb 2002, 15:27
Thanks ILS 27R. No 'outside job' at the moment apart from one day a week lecturing...which keeps the wolves from the door (just). I am convinced that when the weather improves and the clocks go back taht there will be an improvement in my chances of getting an instructional job. Until then I don't want to tie myself down with a real job. I have been contemplating setting up a business to help wannabes locally (i.e. local tutorial for ATPL exams, refresher training pre-CPL etc. Just have to hope thinsg pick up...if you know of anything in Manchester then please let me know. :)

aces low
21st Feb 2002, 15:31
Doh! I meant clocks forward!