PDA

View Full Version : UK to US Conversion License since July.

Steve Marsh
31st Aug 2002, 15:01
I realise that this subject appears to have been discussed in length elsewhere but I've not quite found out the answer to my own particular situation. I want to do some flying whilst I'm out in Florida next month. I was hoping to rent from the Clearwater Airpark FBO. When I was in Florida in 1998 I went to the head office place in Orlando and obtained a temporary US flying certicate based on the strength of my UK PPL(A) license. Some months later they sent me the full conversion certificate which states thereon, that it is valid for as long as my UK license is. My question is this, Am I likely to experience any difficulties with the recent changes in the regulations? After all, this certificate thing that they have sent me must surely be as good as an FAA PPL license. Isn't it??????????????????
Regards, Steve

N Reg Aztec
31st Aug 2002, 15:30
Steve,

The changes to FAR61.75 (the rules relating to foreign pilots in US airspace) only apply to people who have not yet obtained a US certificate issued on the basis of a foreign license.

Provided your UK license and medical are valdi and up to date (BFR's etc.) then you should have no problem. Just the usual checkout and go.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
31st Aug 2002, 15:36
Steve,

As long as your U.K. Licence you used to convert with is still valid you are set.

You can go rent aircraft and use the privileges on the restricted licence. Make sure you meet all the FAA Regulations as in BFR, etc.

Happy Flying,

Capt. Richard J. Gentil, Pres.
Naples Air Center, Inc.

Facts Not Fiction Pls
31st Aug 2002, 15:39
Hey Steve

Did you go to St. G?

Naples Air Center, Inc.
31st Aug 2002, 15:41
OOPS!

N Reg Aztec looks like you beat me to it. :eek:

Take Care,