PDA

View Full Version : Huddersfield FLY-IN Sunday 1st September

Negative 'G'
29th Aug 2002, 19:26
Just thought I'd give the Fly-in at Crossland Moor a plug being one of my local fields, its guaranteed to be a good bash if the weathers Ok, the Bar BQ will be lit and its no landing fees and FREE food to all visiting aircrew YES FREE FOOD !:)

The A/G Frequency has recently changed to128.375

So why not plan your weekend now and go and soak up some of Yorkshires finest scenery this Sunday:D

Neg G

VP8
30th Aug 2002, 14:32
Always a good do if wx is fine, if windy some novel approaches.

I'll be there as usual pumping gas

VEEPS

VP8
31st Aug 2002, 06:44
b**gger just been called into work as one of our southern jessies has gone sick!!

Have a good one

VEEPS

javelin
31st Aug 2002, 08:05
The Zlin's coming :D

Jinkster
31st Aug 2002, 13:10
Will have to try and get up there. Chatsworth show is also on - so errmmm I'll see what the wx is like.

Jinkster

Negative 'G'
31st Aug 2002, 20:37
Javelin...............Hi MN :D

Neg G

Cya all there, the weathers looking lovely........Yippee !:D

knobbygb
1st Sep 2002, 09:36
bttt.

Just to say, I can *almost* see Crossland Moor from here and the weather is BEAUTIFUL. Unfortunatley no car/aircfart/bike at my disposal tho. But get up here and experience the beautiful Northern weather while you can!

Jolly Tall
1st Sep 2002, 18:36
Just returned - as a spectator unfortunately (against club rules to land at non-licenced airfields) - great day out, weather was uncharacteristically fantastic - 40K vis, 0/8 cloud, winds light & variable (LBA METAR this am).

The Zlin did a few fast fly pasts and some aerobatics, though I'm not sure how, as Class A & D airspace is all around from 3000-3500' upwards. Still it was a great spectacle and well attended - a welcome contrast to shivering at last year's event. Thanks to all who participated.

javelin
1st Sep 2002, 22:38
JT, by being particularly careful and paying attention to all the restrictions around me :D

I thoroughly enjoyed the day, probably the finest of the year for weather. A particular thanks to the R/T chap who stayed calm under a veritable storm.

It's now 1130p.m. and the burger hasn't returned, so another thank you to Gordon Blue, however he was - a good joke about the fancy dress party.

Thanks to the gadge in the AX3 who was always in the way when I wanted to take off or land :p

Thanks to all the tent flyers who allowed us to study the sky while we waited to take off ;)

Thanks to Andy for not puking in the airplane :eek:

Thanks for Jamie et al for organising it :)

Finally, the flypast was a missed approach - I couldn't get a word in edgeways :cool:

Fast Erect
2nd Sep 2002, 08:37
Surely you meant 'aeroplane', did you not?
You are, after all, from Yorkshire, not New York.;)

Negative 'G'
2nd Sep 2002, 18:21
Hehe glad you all liked it, I know I certainly did............Roll on next year !:D:D

Neg G:)

p.s the Total nos of aircraft when I departed was in excess of 110 :eek:

Jolly Tall
2nd Sep 2002, 19:36
Javelin,

I wasn't trying to suggest any airspace bust - it's a bit difficult to assess height from the ground, & Crosland Moor is already some 900' amsl.

I was looking at some of the parked a/c during the fly-past (thought there was more than one), so didn't get to see it full-length, but could tell by the speed at the far end of 25 it wasn't a take-off.

Did you do several short trips, as I'm sure I saw the Zlin do several take-offs in a relatively short spce of time? Good to see it anyway - wish I had taken a closer look when it was on the ground.