PDA

View Full Version : PPL Solo Cross Country Expiry ?

KYGMSY
4th Dec 2001, 18:58
I have been told that there is a time limit from the date of completing the cross country solo to the skill test date. Can anyone confirm this ?

Cheers.

Luke SkyToddler
4th Dec 2001, 19:25
Not that I'm aware of :confused: It's just the written exams and the test itself that have to be passed within a given period.

DesiPilot
4th Dec 2001, 21:41
My understanding was that the QXC is valid for 9 months. I looked in the JAR FCL-1 but couldn't find anything to confirm that. The skill test is valid for 12 months but it doesn't say that in JAR FCL either.
I'd look for GID No 21 on CAA's website. Their URL is www.srg.caa.co.uk (http://www.srg.caa.co.uk)

Noggin
4th Dec 2001, 23:47
There is no validity period for the cross country flying. There was under the national PPL, but that was recinded by AIC in 1998.

The validity of a SEP PPL Skill Test is 24 months. As it is the last thing you do, there is little point waiting, if you do you could lose your medical and not qualify for licence issue.

[ 04 December 2001: Message edited by: Noggin ]

GoneWest
5th Dec 2001, 07:07
Noggin - I hold in my hand a (photocopy of a) letter from a CAA Licensing Officer. Line 3 of the letter says....

(quote)"The Skill Test you passed on 20 October 2000 is only valid for 12 months for licence issue purposes. You are therefore required to retake the Skill Test prior to licence issue"(end quote)

So if "The validity of a SEP PPL Skill Test is 24 months", what are the second 12 months for??

Miss Bigglesworth
5th Dec 2001, 20:47
I think the only time limit restriction is between doing the XCountry with your instructor and then going off on your own. I don't think there's a time limit between XC and Skills test.
However, it might be worth posting on the instructors forum to get a straight answer.