PDA

View Full Version : The great Private Pilots Forum ONLY drinks bash....Saturday 28th September LONDON.

BRL
29th Aug 2002, 10:09
How about a mini-bash just for the regulars of this forum?. I was thinking maybe meeting on a sunday in London for a pub lunch and drinks. What do you all think? How about sometime in September?

Who has control?
29th Aug 2002, 10:15
Sounds like a good idea, so long as the weather is not good enough to fly in :)

What are the qualifications for a 'regular'?

22nd is a good date for me.

BRL
29th Aug 2002, 10:18
What are the qualifications for a 'regular'?
You know, heartbeat, able to walk, talk etc........ ;)

Grim Reaper 14
29th Aug 2002, 10:20
Definitely count me in!!!! I suggest somewhere central to allow for all rail links, although personally I'd avoid the West End. What about Upper Street in Islington? Loads of pubs and restaurants and plenty of pished locals, so being b0lloxed won't be a problem.:D :eek: :D

Who has control?
29th Aug 2002, 10:26
BRL -

"Being able to walk, talk etc"

er.. is that before or after the Bash?? :)

BRL
29th Aug 2002, 10:32
WHC, hopefully before but defo not after.!!!

Grim Reaper, I had The Founders Arms pub in mind. Its right next to the Tate modern just over the bridge from Blackfrairs train station.(about a 5 min walk). Its on the south bank of the Thames and has lots of seats outside. Great views along the river and nice reasonably priced food as well. Dead easy to get to from anywhere.

This is just my suggestion, done a bash there last year which went well but if anyone wants to meet somewhere else then lets hear it.! Over to you lot....... :)

AerBabe
29th Aug 2002, 13:35
Flounders Arms is indeed very nice... but there wasn't much seating space there at the last bash :( Why Sunday incidently? Makes rail links a bit of a bitch - all that blydi engineering work. How about a Saturday?

Field In Sight
29th Aug 2002, 13:54
I'd be up for it.

Unfortunately I only work in London Mon-Fri so couldn't do weekends, back up to Manchester for Sat & Sundays.

Any chance of a splinter group of that could manage a midweek bender aswell.

BRL
29th Aug 2002, 15:11
Hi. I don't know about the midweek one and a weekend one, thats asking too much. Everytime i go past the Founders, its got loads of seating outside, wooden picnic bench type things they are and i reckon you can get about 100+ people out there easy. Your right about the sunday travel chaos, lets do it on a Sat instead. :) Any dates/newer venue?

Cheshire cat EGHH
29th Aug 2002, 15:22
Does the pub let in friendly felines? :p

If so I am up for it, sensible drinking as always i suppose? :D :D

AerBabe
29th Aug 2002, 15:57
Saturdays I'm free:
September: 7th 28th

October I'll be free the day the fly-in isn't on... And if anyone fancies coming along to the CovBash on the 12th ;) (Small advert there!!!)

Actually a mid-week might be easier for me...

Or November :rolleyes:

iainpoll
29th Aug 2002, 16:06
Whenever, wherever, I'll be there !:) :) :)

FlyingForFun
29th Aug 2002, 16:49
I'll be there as long as it's a day I'm free.

Definitely can't do Sept 7th. Other Saturdays I'm probably free. Except the day of the fly-in. And the day of the CovBash. And any others that I can't think of at the moment!

:D

FFF
---------------

englishal
29th Aug 2002, 17:56
I could do sometime in October, midweek, weekend or otherwise...

Cheers
EA:)

sunnysideup
29th Aug 2002, 21:26
Any Given Sunday.

AB - What CovBash??? Gits at Flightworks haven't mentioned anything. Is the rotary side invited???

AerBabe
29th Aug 2002, 21:40
Flightwatch? Huh? :confused:
CovBash (http://www.pprune.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63590) thread is here. Don't see you have much excuse since you're just up t'road. BlueRobin... I expect to see you there too ;)
And yes, rotary side very much invited. I've been told they get it up quicker. Although I've never found out what 'it' is (I will stop there, on the grounds that this was recently covered in Jet Blast :D )

Grim Reaper 14
30th Aug 2002, 08:57
Well let's go for Saturday 28th September 2002, Founders Arms.

Any and all takers sign up here I guess. Sorry for 'stealing your thunder' BRL :)

Shall we say 1200 for 1230?

BRL
30th Aug 2002, 09:07
No probs Grim Reaper Sat 28th it is then :) Will you be turning up in full uniform or will you be having a day off? :D

AerBabe
30th Aug 2002, 09:35
1200 for 1230? What happens at 1230 then?! ;) :D
Good choice of date. I'm thinking of taking the next week off, so if anyone has a particularly interesting job in aviation, and fancies having me shadow them for a week, and giving me lots of free flying in interesting machines.... :)

dublinpilot
30th Aug 2002, 10:11
AB...nothing....everyone turns up at 12:45!!

Grim Reaper 14
30th Aug 2002, 10:15
I'll be in 'civvies', sans scythe (intimidates people a bit on first meeting, also tends to make people drink a bit quicker in case it's their last one...;) ).

sunnysideup
30th Aug 2002, 12:15
Sorry, AerBabe, thought by CovBash you meant at Coventry Flying Club Bar!!

I'll come out to play in the delightful city, though:p

Saab Dastard
30th Aug 2002, 20:54
BRL,

Good idea, love to join you all but...

It's my son's 6th birthday and he's got a prior claim on the 28th!

Cheers,

SD

TheKentishFledgling
31st Aug 2002, 09:08
It might be tricky me coming to a bash as I'm under 18, but I'd love to meet with some of you guys (and gals!) some day.

BUT on the 28th I'm flying to Midden Zeeland (Netherlands!) anyway :D

tKF

AerBabe
31st Aug 2002, 09:26
No problem with coming to bashes TKF. The reason you'd have problems with the GatBash is because of the hotel, not because of us! So stop making excuses, and get your butt to a bash! :D

TheKentishFledgling
31st Aug 2002, 10:13
The reason you'd have problems with the GatBash is because of the hotel, not because of us!

That's how I meant it! Heck, it's not like I've never been into a pub and had a drink ;)

I will definately get to one of the bashes soon....you have been warned :D

tKF

foghorn
31st Aug 2002, 22:04
BRL am I allowed in as (currently) a private aviator with a professional licence?

cheers!
foggy.

G SXTY
1st Sep 2002, 10:07
Well, if the quality of my x-wind landings yesterday were anything to go by, I'm very much an unprofessional pilot. :o

Count me in!

2Donkeys
1st Sep 2002, 20:46
Will also attempt to get there.

TKF If you think that my being there might help you out, feel free to contact me directly!

LowNSlow
1st Sep 2002, 21:31
Can't make the 28th, back in Stalingrad until 2nd Oct. Have fun y'all.

BRL
1st Sep 2002, 22:00
Foggy You will be more than welcome...!!!!!!!! :)

Anyone can come really, but i would really like it to be more of a bash just for this forum. (As your a regular contributor, your in.!!) This is a cracking forum here with a real sense of, how can i put this,.....togetherness, close knit kind of thing and I reckon it would be great to get you all together.

Problem turning it into a open-for-all bash is that too many turn up and you invariably miss out on chatting to someone you wanted to see if you get what i mean. (Always happens at the gatbash, go back through the list of who went and see lots of people you didn't get around to meeting.) So, hopefully we will have a good little crowd out who know each other quite well beforehand anyway. See you there.... :)

FlyingForFun
2nd Sep 2002, 08:42
28th is good for me - I'll be there!

Will be good to see some old friends again, and make some new friends. I'm looking forward to it! :)

FFF
-------------

Grim Reaper 14
3rd Sep 2002, 15:53
Doesn't this warrant a 'sticky'??:)

Evo7
3rd Sep 2002, 15:55
I will try and make it... :)

BRL
3rd Sep 2002, 21:51
Excellent Ev, maybe we can have some sort of 'ceremony' for all of you 'new' ppls out there who have done so well recently.!!!

I will stick it now, not sure how long for as something else is in the pipeline for a sticky, long story but i don't want more than 2 stickys on the forum.

So does anyone have any ideas for what to 'award' our new pilots with? Maybe we can also have something for first solo's too. Any ideas?

undertheweather
3rd Sep 2002, 23:08
Sounds like an expensive proposition, BRL. Where does it end? What about an award for getting an IMC? Night Rating? Differences training on tailwheel? First aeros competition? etc etc

I'm not trying to put a damper on the suggestion. Going solo and finally getting your PPL are each wonderful achievements, but so are each of the others noted above. Not better achievements, but different and if we recognise some but not others.............

BRL
3rd Sep 2002, 23:34
Undertheweather. Its not the oscars.! No black ties, huge awards etc.. :D Also, its not expensive to do at all. There are some smallish plastic aeroplanes in a shop in town and they are only 50p each. I don't mind putting up a tenner to buy a few to hand out on the day for a bit of fun.

If you can get all the people who have recently passed all of what you have mentioned IMC, Night Rating. Differences training on tailwheel. First aeros competition? etc etc then we would have some party/day out.!!!!

When i say ceremony, I mean whoever has acheived something recently that turns up, gets handed a 'plane' and depending how drunk people are, lots of applause, wild cheering, hat throwing etc...... ;)
Its all intended with a tongue-in-cheek point to it nothing serious at all, far from it, just a way of having a bit of fun on the day.

Who has control?
4th Sep 2002, 07:13
And I'm going to miss it too! :( :( :( :(

Rallye Driver
4th Sep 2002, 11:04
Nice idea about the awards. Hope to be there on the 28th.

RD

Mak
4th Sep 2002, 11:55
Great idea. Waterloo is great for me midweek. Weekends are a bit more difficult.

Mak

pilotwolf
4th Sep 2002, 12:23
Aerbabe..

You would be more than welcome to do your student research bit on the 'IT' bit of my title, but...

Don't think better half wouldn't appreciate it though!

:D :D :D

G SXTY
4th Sep 2002, 15:49
Just a thought Aerbabe - any chance of you selling strips again? It would guarantee a good turnout. :):)

BRL
4th Sep 2002, 16:34
G SXTY I don't know about her doing strips but it will be worth just coming along to see what she can do with a bottle of bud ;)

AerBabe
4th Sep 2002, 22:03
Hey... I turn my back for one day, and you're all talking about me :rolleyes: Nice to see :D :p

BRL - do I get a tacky plastic aeroplane for getting my PPL? Last December is kinda recent ;)

And as for the strips and the bottles... well... I guess you'll just have to wait and see :)

Grim Reaper 14
5th Sep 2002, 11:43
So we currently stand at:-
BRL
Cheshire Cat EGHH
Aerbabe
iainpoll
FFF
Evo 7(maybe)
Sunnysideup
Foghorn
G SXTY
2 donkeys
Rallye driver
GR14

Any more for any more?
:cool:

Shall I make badges?!;) :D :eek:

Cusco
5th Sep 2002, 23:01
B*gger:

I'm gonna miss this bash too (missed the last one 'cos of the day job). Sadly will be in France (by road ...'sob')

Never mind eh? Still gotta meet Aerbabe tho' did brush her elbow at Popham.

Hope it's an excellent bash and look forward to the next.

Safe flying:

Keef
6th Sep 2002, 00:24
Hey Cusco, we can't BOTH not be there. Looks like I'd better work things out to go ;)

Can't stay late tho - very busy day the next day.

Where are we meeting? Did I miss that bit? Been out playing...

AerBabe
6th Sep 2002, 17:46
did brush her elbow at Popham :o Gonna make sure I spend more time on the ground and less time swanning off in other people's aeroplanes this time.... Well... unless it's something interesting ;)
Let's hope you can make the next one Cusco :)

Evo7
6th Sep 2002, 18:04
AerBabe - must be something bl**dy interesting if they're flying in to a pub in the middle of London. Maybe Genghis has found a Harrier... :)

AerBabe
6th Sep 2002, 18:19
D'oh... wrong blydi thread. :rolleyes: :D :D
Thank God it's Friday and I don't have to think for at least... 12 hours :(
If someone did turn up in a Harrier you wouldn't see me for dust ;)

I'm off for a sit down somewhere quiet...:D

eveepee
7th Sep 2002, 15:46
I'll try and be there too :)

sennadog
8th Sep 2002, 11:04
Do they let dogs into this pub?

Cheshire cat EGHH
9th Sep 2002, 13:15
True cheshire style... Where is it???? anyone got directions??.. i know gat fairly well.

Grim Reaper 14
9th Sep 2002, 14:31
Try this (www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/show.shtml/513/)

BLW Skylark 4
9th Sep 2002, 17:27
What about those who fly without the aid of nasty smelly rotary things.....????!!!!

'BLW'

BRL
9th Sep 2002, 20:30
BLW You are more than welcome to this. Its open to anyone really, can't stop anyone coming at the end of the day now can we..!!

Bexy. Get to London. Head for Blackfriars station. Its on the bank of the Thames right opposite the Tate modern. Come out of the station and head LEFT round a corner and you should see a bridge ahead of you. This is Blackfriars bridge. Go over it and just at the end is a set of steps that lead down to the 'river walk'. Its signposted, just go down and head for the Tate Modern. It should be a right turn at the bottom of the steps. If you have a blonde moment, ask someone for directions. The pub is called The Founders Arms and its quite big. Its about a 30second walk. If its not raining, look for us outside. If you have real trouble, call my mobile.

Sennadog Dogs are allowed at all pprune bashes...... ;)

As for all those of you thinking about turning up, I have booked the sun to come out and be warm all day............ :D

undertheweather
9th Sep 2002, 21:54
BRL, surely you would wish for a dodgy weather day, otherwise everybody would be off flying!!

slim_slag
10th Sep 2002, 02:59
Its open to anyone really, can't stop anyone coming at the end of the day now can we..!!

What about obnoxious and loud mouthed Yanks, who might coincidently be in London town, and after a few pints of Youngs can only talk about landing charges - or lack of them :D :D :D

Not a bad pub the Founders, bit too far from anywhere to be on a decent pub crawl, and thankfully the Winter Warmer will not be available yet. Spent many a drunken summer evening there before the South Bank got tarted up and gentrified, ah those carefree student days....

djk
11th Sep 2002, 11:04
fortunately / unfortunately, depending on your point of view. I can't make this one as I won't be in London that weekend :D

BRL
11th Sep 2002, 16:35
Undertheweather You are right to an exrent. But it will be worth it just to see the 'bottle' trick and of course to have a drink with the ever delightful Bexy :)

slim_slag Does this mean you are coming over? It would be great to see you. You would win, easily, the ' dodgy plastic aeroplane award' for the furthest travelled.... :D

Anyone else considering turning up, just do it.....!!!!!! :)

Evo
11th Sep 2002, 17:54
OK, should be there ... but probably not going to make it until 2pm. Don't drink all of the beer :)

undertheweather
11th Sep 2002, 22:47
I'm all for this event - I might even be there myself, but I have a question.

Doesn't this sort of get-together compromise (for the attendees) the anonymous cyber identities we all enjoy. Now I know that the kinds of topics we discuss here are not sensitive in the same way as might be the case in other fora, ie we won't get sacked if we slag off our airline employer and are identified, but doesn't anonymity confer an ability to be more open in the topics we discuss?

What are the views out there in (currently anonymous) cyberland?

AerBabe
12th Sep 2002, 00:04
UTW - for a lot of the people currently attending anonymity is no longer an issue. Personally I've shared beer, flying time, and beds (only sleeping, of course!) with most of 'em. ;)

IMO losing your anonymity makes posting your own opinions easier. You know the people who will read it, and you know that however they respond you'll probably end up having a laugh about it over a beer the next time you meet. Blindly arguing over some petty issue, not knowing whether the other person is taking the p1ss or not, makes things tricky!

G SXTY
12th Sep 2002, 09:09
Aerbabe – if you want us to believe you’ve shared a bed with most of the Pprune bashers, what are you doing in front of a computer at 0004Z? :confused:

That’s a bit sad, isn’t it?

chilleruk1
12th Sep 2002, 15:55
I am a student PPL on 43 hours. I'd like to come along if I can! I'm getting to the serious end of my course now and could use a stiff drink!

Grim Reaper 14
12th Sep 2002, 16:29
There are a number of reasons why you shouldn't come along....
but I can't think of a single one of 'em. Get yer @rse along and get pi55ed with the rest of us!:D

paulo
12th Sep 2002, 21:59
'ello

Sorry, been a bit out of circulation of late.

Can I come can I come? Are we there yet?

Medical on Monday - so I'll either be turning up as a ppl, or an ex ppl...

seat_of_my_pants
15th Sep 2002, 17:12
BRL - I would like to come to the event - I start my PPL the next day, so I know I won't be eligible for any awards, but if its OK with you guys I'd like to wear my water wings to confirm my newby status :D

Also they'll be handy if things get a little 'tricky' later on...

... and on a more serious note - how long do I have to leave drinking before flying (1st lesson 4pm on Sunday)

SOMP

Evo
15th Sep 2002, 17:22
8 hours bottle to throttle, so you gotta stop at 8am. Sorry mate :)

seat_of_my_pants
15th Sep 2002, 19:12
Evo,
Judging by previous bashes it'll be an early bath for me then:) :)

SOMP

dedstikyfingerz
16th Sep 2002, 11:50
have i missed bash. if not 28th is cool 4 me, just let me know. Chocks away and make sure aero babe goes!!

paulo
17th Sep 2002, 22:26
Medical all good. :cool:

BRL
18th Sep 2002, 08:29
Nice one Paulo...... :) Means you have to punish your liver now. All livers are bad and need punishing........

skydriller
19th Sep 2002, 16:28
Hi All,

I should be in the South of England over the weekend of the 28th, and if commitments allow, will definitely try to make it.

Regards, SD.:)

paulo
19th Sep 2002, 21:44
BRL - My liver isn't just punished, it's actually seeking UN protection...:)

G SXTY
20th Sep 2002, 11:21
No probelm - my wallet has been declared a safe haven.:)

AerBabe
22nd Sep 2002, 19:28
Oh dear, looks like I'm going to have to drop out :(
Sorry *sob* Don't have too much fun without me ;)

Grim Reaper 14
23rd Sep 2002, 10:32
Typical, haven't even had a drink yet and already people are 'going home early':rolleyes:

LowNSlow
25th Sep 2002, 05:20
A good one for the last drink(s) of the night

THE TEQUILA STUNTMAN

This is like any normal Tequila, ie salt, lime and cat, sorry, cactus juice. The procedure for drinking it is slightly different though.

Take the salt - snort it

Take the lime - squirt it into an eye

Take the tequila - shoot it.

Repeat the above to ensure that you have 2 clear eyes in the morning. :D :D :D :D

Apart from the clear eyes, the abrasive qualities of the salt will ensure clear sinuses in the morning. However the tequila will ensure that the inside of your head is full of broken glass
:eek:

Peeps, always do this under the supervision of an adult (preferably the one who's paying) and remember the golden rule of tequila drinking:

One's good :)

Two's better :D

Three's poison :eek:

eveepee
27th Sep 2002, 09:10
Won't be able to make it :( but have a good time folks.

seat_of_my_pants
27th Sep 2002, 12:55
Really looking forward to tomorrows bash, I'll be there for just after 1pm

Since I don't know what people look like....

I will mostly be wearing a light green T-shirt with 'Dirty Vegas' written in blue, sideways.

It seemed to work last time.

Cheers

SOMP

iainpoll
27th Sep 2002, 14:14
Really looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow, I'll be there one-ish. You will recongnise me, big baldy guy with a goatee ,in a plum coloured shirt! cya:) :) :)

FlyingForFun
27th Sep 2002, 14:29
Well, I know a few of the people going. (Although I know two less now that both AerBabe and eveepee have dropped out - we'll miss you, girls :( ) If anyone's worried about meeting up with us, drop me an e-mail and I'll reply with my mobile number so you can call me when you arrive.

Otherwise, I'll see you when you get there! :)

FFF
---------------

In Altissimus
27th Sep 2002, 15:14
:) Unexpectedly free tomorrow...

...looks like I picked the wrong weekend to quit drinking ;)

Hope I can spot you - this will be my 1st bash.

Bluebeard
27th Sep 2002, 16:40
September 28th? Hey, thats tomorrow...and for once I am free! Any objections to me coming and drowning my sorrows - my Condor has got a dicky donk!

Not sure how I will recognise you guys, any ideas?

BB

FlyingForFun
27th Sep 2002, 16:42
BB,

See my post 2 above yours for a hint on how to recognise us!

FFF
----------------

BRL
27th Sep 2002, 17:41
I am looking at getting there for about 1PM. Bound to be late though, training it from Brighton.. :p

I will have my blue denim shirt on, it has a yellow logo thingy above the breast pocket with a pprune t-shirt on underneath. The t-shirt is a bit small for me so i will look fatter. :D :D Anyone gets stuck/lost etc call 07958 006373. :)

iainpoll
27th Sep 2002, 19:55
BlokeInAnArcher,

You're not part of the G-JANA group at Stapleford are you? If you are I fink I will recognise you:D :D

In Altissimus
27th Sep 2002, 21:31
As has been said before - my username is a bit out of date - It was suggested I should be Bloke FormerlyKnownAsBlokeInAnArcher...

Maybe if I buy BRL a pint or three he can work his spell to get my name changed to something more sensible.:rolleyes:

sunnysideup
28th Sep 2002, 10:43
The best laid plans of mice and pilots.....

Last minute hitch so I'll staying up north.

Hope you're all having a good day. See some of you at the CovBash.

:)

paulo
28th Sep 2002, 21:38
Well, that one couldn't be described as peaceful.

I'm guessing the deer were released in the end, but why? :-)

BRL
29th Sep 2002, 10:25
Good bash chaps, thanks for turning up. Much drinking, good laugh, barred from pubs, lots of blagging before we got 'moved on' (I don't go to Teneriffe, I go to Dubai) to the next pub, that was my mate Dave on the phone by the way (he called me this morning to see what was going on!!) :D Thanks to Paulo and FFF for the aerobatics lesson in the last pub, still can't see what rudder has to do with it. :p
Good luck to Seat of my pants, his first lesson today, enjoy it :)

Next........

LowNSlow
29th Sep 2002, 10:27
C'mon BRL if you can turn the pooter on you can post a post Bash pirep :D :D

BRL
29th Sep 2002, 10:32
Later, my head hurts....:( Someone else have a go......

TheKentishFledgling
29th Sep 2002, 10:33
We gonna see some photos?

tKF

iainpoll
29th Sep 2002, 10:54
We'll have to go back to the Founders for the next bash - see if they remember us! Don't think they will ever forget a very angry Grim Reaper, did they have any idea how much danger they were in?:D :D :D :D

In Altissimus
29th Sep 2002, 12:49
Oops!

Didn't get home in one piece I'm afraid. My undercarriage seemed to give way at some point and me brother had to come and rescue me (minus some teeth...)

Sorry about this afternoon - am nursing broken bits.

FlyingForFun
29th Sep 2002, 14:00
Superb bash, and I think we can claim to be the first bash to have been thrown out of a pub, although some of those Scottish bashes get pretty loud, so I'm not sure...

Seems like most of us got home in piece at least! Wish someone had thought to bring a camera though... Maybe the staff at Founders Arms would have like to have their picture taken?

FFF
------------

PS - Wonder how that couple got on with their blind date?

G SXTY
29th Sep 2002, 17:51
Hmm. Ithink I got home OK, but I don't really remember - I seemed to be India Mike most of the way, relying soley on my lager DI.:D

Great afternoon though - I got loads of advice on ATPLs (thanks FFF & Ian), learned that Mr. Reaper is not to be messed with, got to see BRL's tattoo, and got chucked out of a pub for the 1st time in my life.

I really must get out more.:) :)

seat_of_my_pants
29th Sep 2002, 18:25
what an afternoon!

It was great to meet all of you - did you carry on with the shots after I left?

All I remember is getting back to the girlfriends flat, having blazing row about something (not sure) and getting chucked out again...

oops

looks like flowers on Monday

SOMP

Grim Reaper 14
30th Sep 2002, 09:07
Hmmm.... Hi Chaps. Were we at the same bash? I recall a couple of Pimms at a pleasant riverside location, an extremely hospitable pub manager (and owner), a barman that didn't physically assault me and a very agreeable evening at home with my girlfriend afterwards.

I recall nothing about getting bladdered as bu99ery, a miserable cow who threw us out of the pub for spending too much money, a barman who tried to push me over (to encourage me to leave), vomiting into the Thames on my walk home (can't remember any other method of transport but I MUST have got the tube), falling comatose on the settee at home and snoring so loudly that the girlfriend needed headphones to hear the TV.

I neither recall waking up on said settee at 0700hrs Sunday morning and managing to stop throwing up at about 1700hrs.

Who are you people anyway!!??

:( :D ;)

iainpoll
30th Sep 2002, 10:19
Grim Reaper - which one were you??

Oh, did 'FuFu' go back to 'proper' drinks or stick with his Babycham?

Which one assaulted you,Mr Handlebar moustache?

What you all doing next Saturday?:D :D :D

Grim Reaper 14
30th Sep 2002, 10:22
I was the drunk one....:p

iainpoll
30th Sep 2002, 10:24
No s*!t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Grim Reaper 14
30th Sep 2002, 10:29
I won't come next time. Maybe I should have eaten something and FFFFF (Flying For Fun Foo-Foo) had the right idea.

iainpoll
30th Sep 2002, 10:39
What you talkin about GR, we were the life and soul. If you refuse to come to the next one, I'll come down to Shoreham and kick yo' a*s!

Have some food next time though will ya!

Think you are right about FlyingForFooFoo:)

Grim Reaper 14
30th Sep 2002, 11:16
I love it when you get all masterful. I still recall your arm clasped gently round my throat as you whispered into my ear.... "Just leave it, it's not worth it, calm down, etc, etc.";)

FlyingForFun
30th Sep 2002, 11:41
I still recall your arm clasped gently round my throat as you whispered into my ear....
Hmm, just for a second I was wondering if there was some, erm, extra-curricular activity here which I hadn't remembered! :eek: Then I realised what you were talking about. Whew!

FFF
-------------

iainpoll
30th Sep 2002, 12:14
Ahhh, memories.....and I still remember you gently telling me to f*** off!;) ;)

distaff_beancounter
30th Sep 2002, 12:58
WELL .... I don't believe you lot, if you havn't even got a single piccie, to post on here, to show those of us who couln't get there

Where was BRL with his digital camera?

paulo
30th Sep 2002, 20:43
Distaff - None of the above actually happened obviously, it's just people exaggerating to prove how 'wild' they are.

When I turned up the chaps were looking over the new 1:500,000 format, with Grim Reaper commenting that the recently published simplified charts detailing the low level VFR corridors were definitely a good idea.

This is definitely the last time I go to a bash - I mean, can't you guys let your hair down just once?

1st Oct 2002, 01:47
Bolx

Sounded like u all had fun. Thanks to BRL for the invite (despite my disposition) - maybe next time, if not before!

l8rs

ps - somp - 5150 does like the photo!