PDA

View Full Version : Part Time Instructor Position

Shockwaves
25th Aug 2002, 08:55
A position for a part time Flying Instructor has arisen at Solent Flight, Southampton International Airport.

The suitable applicant will be required to work Saturdays and Sundays and have the flexibility to work ad-hoc hours as required.

You will need to be within a one hour commute of the airport and to be prepared to work as part of a friendly team at a busy flying school.

Applications should be made to the CFI, Dave Gillespie.
Contact details are available at:
www.solentflight.com

goatgruff
26th Aug 2002, 11:13
I can understand why Danny and the pprune gang feel that major commercial concerns shouldn't post adverts and vacancies, but I sometimes think that it would be appropriate to allow flying clubs and the like to advertise for instructors and associated staff.
After all, on this particular forum, they're more likely to be reaching their target audience and are less likely to recieve inappropriate applications which waste everyone's time. Equally, few flying clubs are major multinational corporations, and the large majority have limited budgets and resources.
I suppose the deciding factor would be who qualifies for such allowances and who doesn't, consequently the blanket ban.

Wee Weasley Welshman
26th Aug 2002, 11:43
Well really we don't allow adverts for several good reasons. But sometimes little one position ads on this forum are allowed to slide by as long as its not a major FTO who could otherwise quite reasonably be expected to place an ad in a magazine.

If leaving this kind of post hang around for a few days results in a PPRuNe'r getting a break then that makes me happy - while i look the other way.

Cheers

GoneWest
26th Aug 2002, 14:33
WWW - didn't you post for Jerez??

And when I questioned it you said "Good pprune service to help people get a job"

Wee Weasley Welshman
26th Aug 2002, 17:52
Hmm, might of done. Can't really remember.

Whirlybird
26th Aug 2002, 20:46
WWW,

That's what I call sensible moderating. I wish you could persuade some of your colleagues to follow suit, and teach them that maybe PPRuNe rules and regulations should allow for a bit of flexibility.