PDA

View Full Version : QF Long-Haul Non-Language F/A

604chic
23rd Aug 2002, 02:12
Does anyone have any inkling if/when QF Long-Haul will be recruiting non-language speakers?

If I have unsuccessfully applied thru MAM for QF and therefore have to wait for six months does it apply to a direct application to QF?

wing8
23rd Aug 2002, 07:00
Hi 604chic,

I too went through QF/MAM & heard that QF may be reruiting Long-Haul non-language speakers in coming weeks if quality & quantity of recent Long-haul applicants is not adequate.They may wait until end of that process & reassess numbers etc.
As I said-I heard this from someone else & I guess it may just be a rumour like alot of other info.
As for QF/MAM & reapplying,as people received these unsuccessful letters when we were in Melb,this question was asked but not to the appropriate people in the know,most thought that you can re-apply as the letter does state that you are unable to re-apply with"MAM" within the next 6 months,it did not say Qantas??Sorry,I can't be certain,maybe someone else out there might know??
I hope that QF do recruit & you make it through-Good-luck

:) :) ;) :) :)

flapsforty
23rd Aug 2002, 07:25
OK so I'm dim. :confused:

But would someone please explain to me what a non-language speaker is?
Purely out of interest? :)

hailstone
23rd Aug 2002, 12:38
exactly my question ?
i've come across plenty of in flight personnel who are deaf to my requests, but to expand this to mute people.....