PDA

View Full Version : Any Jobs in N. England?

aces low
22nd Aug 2002, 12:44
Old and hackneyed subject, I know. But does any body know of any FI vacancies in the North of Engalnd. I am currently unrestricted FI, having taught on PA38, PA28, C152 and C172's. Prepared to travel and work part or full time, if necessary.

aces low
9th Sep 2002, 12:14
I have just been calculating my rate of pay as a self employed flying instructor this summer. Since March this year, I have been working as a part-time flying instructor…but working most week days and occasional weekends as required. Today I worked out that over that period I had amassed only 300 hours instruction, not too bad but I was hoping for nearer 500. The real shock was working out my rate of pay! If I took into account the actual cost of getting to the various flying schools where |I work, the average profit per day was of the order of £25…this works out at less than £4 per hour I would have been at the airfield. If I included travelling time (3 hours per day) then this dips below £3 per hour.

We all went into this with our eyes open, realising that it was never going to be a scheme to ‘get rich quick’ but when you see the figures, it really does make your eyes water! My latest employer/client does not pay me for sending students on Nav solo…so last week I got up at six am for a two hour drive, a quick check ride, and then a five hour wait for a student to return from a QXC. Total income £6. Cost of fuel to get to airfield £10.

Yes I know, before you say it…poor me!

Will be rocking boat this week, needless to say.

RVR800
12th Sep 2002, 09:59
Yes the hiring out of the aircraft is the bit that generates
the revenue

An FI gets paid less than an office cleaner!

Supply and Demand - there are too many of us pilots
at the moment