PDA

View Full Version : Astraeus

Northern Star
22nd Aug 2002, 11:08
I see that Astraeus are recruiting Main crew again.

Does anyone know what they are like to work for?

Is there any truth in the rumour that they are getting a 767 this winter and where they plan to fly it?

Northern Hosty
22nd Aug 2002, 16:37
Hi Northern Star,
I am currently flying the sky with Astraeus & yes the rumour is true, they are getting a 767.

The 76 i think is due to arrive in Nov & is dry leased from an African airline so it will not be in our colours. This is what i have heard anyway !!

The routes on the 76 are of course Africa & i heard New York from a few birdies, if those birdies are wrong, i will shoot them.

You should apply, but bearing in mind that you will also opperate on the 737 & not just the 76.

Hamrah
22nd Aug 2002, 22:42
We may recruit main crew , depending on confirmation of the 767 management contract.

We will dual rate a large number of cabin crew onn both the 737 and 767 to give the most flexibility on rostering.

If we decide to recruit we will advertise.

H

p.s. Northern Hosty...better shoot those birdies. NY is NOT part of the 767 plan. :)

gulf-crew
23rd Aug 2002, 01:31
Hamrah - are you not recruiting then??? So forgive me if I am wrong or I migh need glasses but isn't that your lot recruiting on aviationjobsearch.com???????

Asking for Longhaul and scheduled experience.

Are you looking for direct entry no1's on the 767 will they be dual rated or on 767 only what will the pay be like and allowances. Will it be 2/3 class layout or all economy???

Thanks for all your help.

;)

MaxMet
23rd Aug 2002, 13:28
Whats going on with the world of aviation?

6 Months experience and Long Haul Scheduled experience and that is all Astraeus are willing to pay. Thats a disgusting lack of respect.

No wonder all the good people with Cabin Crew experience are leaving the industry in droves to become Estate Agents and work in Starbucks.

Jaysus H Gimbo!

MM..

ON SBY
23rd Aug 2002, 17:00
Hi Guys,
If you've only got the 73's at the mo., do you have to tech-stop on the Egypt flights, or do they manage it direct?
Cheers,
On Sby

Puritan
23rd Aug 2002, 18:20
ON SBY - The B737-700 has ( for a 737 ) extremely long-legs - and is veritably a "Phoaaarrr, babe !" amongst 737's ( after the 737-BBJ2 that is ) in that it can lift more weight ( 70.1 tonnes ) cruises higher ( FL410 ), cruise faster ( M0.785 ), and goes further ( 3752 statute miles ) than can it's equivalent ( 148 seat ) -300 predecessor ( which can only manage 62.8 tonnes, FL370, M0.745, 2592 statute miles ) - accordingly the B737-700 is one hell of a machine !

Astraeus operate -700's flight on both their Egyptian and Israeli routes and accordingly the flights are straight there and straight back, albeit that the TLV's presently give lay-overs of between 1 and 4 days.

MaxMet - I'm afraid that it's market forces at play, and it's effecting all sections of the industry.