PDA

View Full Version : Farnborough Airshow 2002

Baldie Man
21st Aug 2002, 15:37
.......is on Discovery Wings tonight. I don't think it's been on TV yet so I thought I'd let you know as a I recall a few avid PPRuNers met up there did they not?

Apologies for posting here as well as Aircrew Notices but I thought those who went would want to know.

BM.

AerBabe
21st Aug 2002, 15:54
Thanks ex-VFE :) ;) Any chance you can video it for me? I was too drunk on lovely cold lager to remember much of it :D
Watch out for Xavier thingy in the Sukhoi. Nr Fairy and I have seen him twice now, the first time at Paris last year. Blydi impressive.

Baldie Man
21st Aug 2002, 16:17
Oh AB bless ya! Bit of a balls up with our video/satellite connection at the moment. All manner of farting around with it by yours truly has not solved the problem so the repair man is coming to look later in the week. No doubt he'll take two seconds to work out the problem but there we go.....

Soz mate. :(

Can anyone else out there help out our dear AB?

BM.

BRL
21st Aug 2002, 16:57
I will do it for you AB Send us a text or e-mail with an addy to send it to... :)

AerBabe
21st Aug 2002, 21:56
Thanks guys :)
PM'd you PE, couldn't be bothered to type my address into a text :D

BRL
22nd Aug 2002, 04:31
Ok, got it, on its way. It was a bit of a 'non-event' really. Not much in the way of displays and it was more like the history of Airbus and the Eurofighter. They did show though, the aerobatics lot for all of two seconds though........

FlyingForFun
22nd Aug 2002, 08:17
But no shots of us PPRuNies? Hmm, we'll have to try to make even more of a spectacle of ourselves next time then...

FFF
--------------

Cheshire cat EGHH
22nd Aug 2002, 12:08
None at all!!!

:( :( :(

EI_Sparks
22nd Aug 2002, 12:54
FFF, simple remedies:

1) Get Aerbabe to do her bottle trick for the cameras.

2) Organise a naked wing-walking competition. In the interests of safety, temperature and letting the cameras get a good shot, hold it on the ramp.

3) PPRuNe Uniforms and a PPRuNe Flag! Maybe a PPRuNe anthem? :)

4) Put up a sign saying "Free Beer".

5) Have some ppruner on the runway in full kit for the low pass of any of the large jets to demonstrate what JetBlast is really all about :D