PDA

View Full Version : Question on age limits

Fanstop
17th Feb 2002, 17:52
I wonder if anyone out there can help. I Have around 100 hrs of ppl flying, and want desperately to fly for a living. What are the age limits for airlines. i am nearly 25 and i know that the airlines wont be recruiting for around another 3 yrs when i will be 28. Can anyone help me out whith info.

easondown
17th Feb 2002, 18:26
fanstop,

I started my flight training at the same age as you and thought, at the time, that I was perhaps too old. But I managed to weave my way through the system and now fly in the right hand seat of a320. I just wonder where you get 3 years from, hopefully things will start to pick up in the next 6 months.

ps I think I,m from the same neck of the woods as you - so if I can help leave your email etc.

good luck !!!

Mago
18th Feb 2002, 15:33
Do not despair!!

. .I was the same age than you when I started more than 10 years ago, and I heard worst or the same things that you have heard. I specially remember one "colleage" trying to dicourage me saying that NOBODY will hire me at that age, etc...., he was a Fligth Enginer on 727 at that time and that seems the best job that I can dream of (I still like it), he almost convience me, but I followed my dreams and hopes and.....He is now out of a flying job and I am an ATR captain (Having done a lot of different flying jobs, and been unemployed from time to time).

Yes, maybe I have been very lucky, but I never surrender my truly vocation.

SO, KEEP ON TRYING...

Fanstop
21st Feb 2002, 18:50
Cheers guys. But when you say my age, do you mean in three years or now. Onemorehold contact me on [email protected]. Cheers

[ 01 March 2002: Message edited by: Fanstop ]</p>