PDA

View Full Version : Jumpseat to Barcelona

erjdriver
20th Aug 2002, 21:44
First off I apologize this message is in English, but my Spanish ain't no good so I'll spare any attempt to embarass me.
I have a question for my Spanish collegues. Last month I had the pleasure of giving a ride to a jumpseater from Iberia. I asked him if his company would allow jumpseaters from international airlines and his response was an absolute yes.
Could you folks confirm this? I plan on hopping to Madrid on USAir, continuing to Barcelona on Iberia...can I actually jumpseat for the latter portion of the journey? Is it free of charge like in the US, or are there any fees involved.

Thank you very much for you input.

PEACE

boquinauer
21st Aug 2002, 22:39
You won't have any problem dude!!
I've jumpseated a couple times with them from Miami to Madrid.
At that time I was working for a small FAR135 company flying scheduled cargo. And they didn't have any problem giving me a ride.
Of course the Spanish airlines follow a different procedure. There is no fee involved and neither a disclaimer or anything like that. Just go to the gate and ask to the ramp agent that you would like to jumpseat with them. They'll just ask you for your License and your company ID. Working for USAir It's piece of cake.
By the way, If for any reason they don't "show you love" there is another company named Air Europa that also flyes from Madrid to Barcelona and they always accept jumpseatters form any company.

Good luck!

Juan.

erjdriver
25th Aug 2002, 00:36
Boquinauer,
thank you for your help...much appreciated.
Hope it'll be a smooth trip. I have an ID90 as a backup anyway.

Again thank you.

PEACE

calypso
25th Aug 2002, 10:38
Just a note of advice about jumpsitting from Madrid. The Iberia gate staff have been told not to allow you to go through the gate without a boarding pass. Going to the gate only works with Air-europa and with Spanair. If you need to fly with Iberia I suggest that we you go to "firmas de Iberia" (their reporting point for crews) once there ask at the desk for the Barcelona crew and ask the skipper then. This is a much more reliable method. My advice would be to just go for the other two airlines. By the way, you will need to show your licence and airline ID, going in uniform is not necesary.

Good luck

Cal

peepsmover
29th Aug 2002, 06:43
HOla, y como es para llevar tu familia contigo? tienes que comprar un boleta ID90 o qual es el mejor mode para viajer con los aerolinas denro espana? Nosotros queremos ir para Madrid y luego para salir por vuelos para Barcelono y tambien Italia, me puedes dar consejos? Gracias por tu ayuda y perdoname porque todavia estoy prendiendo la idioma espanol, ciao y cuidate

calypso
30th Aug 2002, 11:59
Taking your family is a completly different story, the jumpseat system only applies to pillots with a current licence (min. cpl) and an airline (pilot's) ID. If your airline has an agreement with Iberia, belongs to Oneworld, etc. then you may be able to buy stanby tickets for them at a reduced cost. I am not sure how this would work in specific cases.

Sorry I cannot be of more help

Cal