PDA

View Full Version : Moving threads

Whirlybird
20th Aug 2002, 14:51
Now, I know we've had a thread on this before, and it was probably me that started it. :D It's just that the First Helicopter Lesson thread has been moved to Rotorheads. People there will probably get really fed up with that, because most of them see Rotorheads as a professional helicopter pilots forum basically. They really don't want to hear about trial lessons!!! On the other hadn, it's really interesting for PPLs thinking of trying the same thing, and I know many do.

I think something similar happened recently to a couple of other threads, though with my big hole where normal people have memories I'm damned if I can remember what or when.

So...I'm just wondering...that's all...

Could we maybe keep threads here if they're MAINLY of PPL interest, even if they look from the title like they belong elsewhere?

Or is everyone else happy the way things are, in which case Whirly will crawl back in her hole and go to sleep (Sleep, what a wonderful idea...see the microlight thread if you want to know why. :D )

BRL
20th Aug 2002, 14:56
Hi Whirly. I will bring it back if your desperate to see it in here. It is a helicopter thing so its gone to the helicopter thing forum. Simple really. I know there may be a bit of interest from PPL's so i left the redirect here for all to see instead of removing it completely. If i allow this one to stay then where will it stop? As i say, if you feel it should be here then i will return it. Its your forum after all....... :)

PFLsAgain
20th Aug 2002, 15:07
Sorry if I got the wrong forum. I kind of figured that helicopter flying was private flying too - after all it's not a "fixed wing" forum. I had got the impression - as Whirly said - that Rotorheads was for the professional chappies, so I posted in private flying so as not to irritate them.

Maybe I think too much.....:rolleyes:

PPRuNe Radar
20th Aug 2002, 15:07
Actually there is such a thing as a PPL (H) ;) Which makes it Private Flying surely ??

distaff_beancounter
20th Aug 2002, 15:27
Please bring the thread back! :mad:

I am sure that I am not the only holder of a PPL(A), who likes playing with one of those inverted egg-whisk thingies, whenever we get the chance :)

I also know several holders of PPL(A) + PPL(H), who do not intend to go on to commercial flying, so this forum is their natural home.

Aerobatic Flyer
20th Aug 2002, 15:28
Private helicopter flying probably belongs in Private Flying.:)

Talking of helicopter flying..... do they all try to shake themselves to bits when the rotors start? I had 1 flight in an Enstrom a few years ago, and I thought something was going to fall off as the instructor let the clutch in (if that's the technical term for it). The rest of the flight was quite fun, but the engine start was off-putting to say the least!

(Please don't move this question to Rotorheads - I don't want them to think I'm a complete pr@t!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: )

BRL
20th Aug 2002, 15:32
Ok people, i stand corrected. Sorry. I will get it returned asap.... :)

sennadog
20th Aug 2002, 15:36
But does it matter?:confused:

If you are that interested in the thread, then surely you can follow it in the other forum? I pop in there almost daily to see what the Chefs are talking about.