PDA

View Full Version : DC 13.4 headset

bere
17th Feb 2002, 01:39
Hi,. .Just bought a DC 13.4 headset after hearing all the good comments. I seem to have a particular problem with them: I don't have the impression it really sticks to my head, especially with the thick cushion, it really looks odd on the top of my head. I know the problem is most probably my head but anyway... Thought already of removing the cushion or replacing the headset for a dc 10-20. Anyone have any suggestions on this subject?. .Thanks.

Keef
17th Feb 2002, 03:42
Do you have the gel earseals, or the (lighter, to meet the 13.4 claim) foam ones? Mine came with both, and was much better after I removed the foam ones and fitted the gel.

The pad in the middle looks pretty thin to me - maybe you have a later model.

I'd suggest find a couple of folks locally who have one (there are enough 13.4s around) and see how theirs fit you.

tomcs
18th Feb 2002, 19:00
Well, when I choose mine for my PPL training I went through all the major manufacturers. I was very unimpressed with the DC headsets, it definitely seems that you're simply paying for the name! If I was u I'd take them back and buy some Peltor 8006's they are really really good, much lighter and have much better noise attenuation. Just my opinion, but if i was u try and find a pilot at your club who has a pair and try them, definitely the best on the market

Luke SkyToddler
18th Feb 2002, 22:39
David Clarks are the dog's bollocks ... I know at least one guy who's put his through 30 something years of crop dusting and bush flying and they haven't missed a beat.

Is the problem that they're too small for your head? I wouldn't imagine the foam pad from the 10-20's would help much if it is, it looks smaller than the 13.4's to me. Make sure you've got the gel ear seals on and not the foam ones as noted.

I know also that you can get leather 'Biggles' style flying helmet things that attach straight onto a 13.4 - that ought to hold it still, and it looks way cool (at least it does when DB6 wears his one in the Tipsy Nipper :) ).