PDA

View Full Version : Astraeus/PPRuNe interview

Dutchman
16th Feb 2002, 17:44
In the interest of self improvement, could anyone who attended (interviewer or interviewee) the Astraeus/PPRuNe interview on the 15/16th give us less fortunate a summery of the interview (group assessments, personal interview etc.). It would be greatly appreciated and help us wannabes benefit from this experience. Although gutted at not making the interview, I’m thankful for Astraeus and PPRuNe for giving us this opportunity. Hopefully other companies have taken notice of this scheme.

P.s does anybody have any idea yet of when the chat session will take place.

Fogbound
16th Feb 2002, 19:35
Hi, I attended the interview on Friday. . .It was a friendly atmosphere, 12 hopefuls and 6 interviewers.. .We were divided into 2 groups for the group excersises. We were set a topic to discuss about a company situation in which an employee goes against the ruling of his boss and is subsequently fired, with a few other factors added in, the 6 of us had to come to a group decision in approximately 20 minutes as to who of the 4 characters mentioned was the most objectionable in the saga. With only limited information on the story it made you think, and we were told afterwards there really was no right or wrong answer!. .The second group excersise was a little more straightforward. You are the captain on a flight which has had to be diverted due to a bomb scare at your destination, stand up and give your PA to the passengers. We were given approximately 10 minutes to make notes and then individually delivered our PA.. .After a break for lunch came the interviews, 2 on 1, (1 airline representative, and 1 PPRuNe representative). There were no technical questions (having spent the last week trying to remember everything i've forgotten in the last 12 months!), no 'you find the captain.......what would you do?', more along the lines of 'tell us about a time when you.....'. I felt the questions were geared towards finding out what type of person you were, and whether they would want to work with you as a team member, rather than testing your knowledge of ATPL subjects.. .I don't know whether I'm through to sim or not, but i really enjoyed the day. I can't compare this to any other interviews as this was my first one, but I came away from it really wanting to work for Astraeus as the team that were there seemed like a group of people I would love to work with, and did all they could to make us feel relaxed rather than up for a grilling!

salapilot
16th Feb 2002, 21:45
Just got back from the interviews today. Just to echo what fogbound say's ....very relaxing and Phew! no tech questions. The whole team put everyone at ease and actually made the day fun. It was a very rewarding experience and it was great to see all the candidates support one another.... goood luck to all and thanks Danny and Co for the chance.

Salapilot

Matthewjharvey
16th Feb 2002, 21:52
Yeah, also just got back. Just like to reiterate the above comments. The day was enjoyable and challenging and the new airline sounds like it has a good future ahead of it. Thanks alot to all involved in the organisation and those who attended and made the day so worthwhile. . .Heres hoping to see you next week at LGW........

Dutchman
17th Feb 2002, 20:29
Thanks for the replys and good luck in making the sim assesment.