PDA

View Full Version : any heli wannabes out there

mistoo
16th Feb 2002, 04:56
any one out there thats a rotorhead? Would love to start some dialogue, my thing is north sea right seat puma/s puma.....interested?

Dusty_B
16th Feb 2002, 07:02
I'd _like_ to be a rotorhead... but it's just a tad too expensive for me!. .If there are any cadetship schemes out there (if not now, then 'usually'), please spread the word!

scroggs
16th Feb 2002, 14:22
mistoo. .The tone of your post suggests that you are looking for somewhere to talk about the business of flying helicopters, for which we have a specific forum: <a href="http://www.pprune.org/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=11&SUBMIT=Go" target="_blank">Rotorheads</a>.. .This forum is for those who are in the process of obtaining professional licences or their first commercial job. Due to the huge amount of traffic on Wannabes, we use a large proportion of the bandwidth available to Pprune. To even things out, we are trying to ensure that only relevant threads remain on Wannabes, and non-relevant threads are removed to their appropriate forums.. .So, if you want to talk about helicopters, go to Rotorheads. If you want to discuss the problems and pitfalls of obtaining an ATPL(H), please stay.. .I hope that's clear!

[ 16 February 2002: Message edited by: Scroggs ]</p>

pilotwolf
16th Feb 2002, 21:08
Hi. I read it as wanting to discuss the problems of getting ATPL(H)...

I have just started the Bristol distance learning course as have had no luck in the job market with a FAA CPL(H).

Feel free to discuss or email!

maxvne
18th Feb 2002, 00:54
Mistoo, Hi I am a Puma north Sea pilot for some time now what would you like to know and I will try and answer.

mistoo
19th Feb 2002, 04:09
Hello, thanks for the reply's folks. Firstly I had better let scroggs know that I am a wannabe looking to do my ATPL(H)after which I will attempt to get a job across the border(stop laughing the foundations won't survive).. .Dusty-B I have not heard of any cadet schemes or sponsorship deals as far as helo's are concerned, but if you are still young enough perhaps the armed forces might be an option I hear they are increasingly desperate to retain pilots,sadly I'm the wrong side of spring time to even contemplate it. .Pilotwolf.. .Damn shame you can't work when you know how its done! I would be very keen to stay in touch with your progress at bristol, so far I have only spoken with CCAT and OATS, is FAA so teribly differant to JAA? What kind of work are you looking for, I hope 11/09 has'nt had the same effect on helo's as has been seen on fixed wings.. .I wish you luck mate.. .Maxvne.. .Great to get a reply from a driver, I have loads of questions about the business, perhaps I can email you with one or two that don't seem to get answered on rotorheads. For now here's one for the wannabe forum: Is it possible to fly the max 800 hrs per year out of Aberdeen,and are first job F/O's allowed any PIC time at all? Thanks for replying to my first post.

maxvne
20th Feb 2002, 02:36
Mistoo hi, yes Pilots can fly up the 800 hr mark but at the moment it is mainly the Captains who are flying close to that number as we have a lot of co-pilots but not enough Captains. The average co-pilot is doing between 650-700 hrs a year.. .The way the co-pilots log their time is half as PIC half as CO- Pilot and get the Captain to sign there log book and this is acceptable to the CAA for grant of an ATPL, when they get an ATPL they can log it whatever way they like really, well I dont mind if someone wants to claim all the flight as PIC I still get paid the same amount.. .Hope this helps and feel free with more questions but I might be slow with the answers with this flying lark keeping me out all hours of the day and night