PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways Crew - Without Licences

Jennie Blond
18th Aug 2002, 08:38
SEP Department at Qatar Airways beware!!!!!!!!!

As you are aware, ICAO and IATA are in the region just now. Do you know that NONE of your cabin crew who are flying on your brand-new A330 aeroplanes are carrying the appropriate authenticated licences confirming that they have been trained and are qualified to operate on the aircraft??????

Not one single cabin-crew member!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be very careful. There is a danger of a mass grounding my dear fellows, because YOU ARE NOT EVEN COMPLYING WITH YOU OWN INTERNAL AND INDUSTRY APPROVED SAFETY MANUALS. IF STOPPED DOWNROUTE, NONE OF THE CABIN CREW CAN PROVE THAT THEY HAVE BEEN TRAINED TO OPERATE ON THE AIRBUS A330.

BE VERY CAREFUL OF QR001 INTO LHR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennie has warned you.

A300Man
18th Aug 2002, 09:05
Jennie,

I am sorry. But I know that privately we agree on a number of subjects, but this one just seems to be a bit beyond belief.

I know there are some shortcomings at QR, but surely this simple issue could not have been oversighted.

If your comments are true, then I do fear for the innocent crew who may be stopped downroute by some "jobsworth" and ask to see their papers. You specifically mentioned LHR? Why?

May I ask you to (privately if you wish) reveal the source of your information so that I can check this out.

And, how do you know that IATA are in the region? Of course they are in the region. They are ALWAYS here and have people based here (regionally).

Thanks.

one-ball
18th Aug 2002, 09:15
FA Licences???

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAHAHAAAAAAAA ! ! ! !

:) :D :D :)

:cool:

A300Man
18th Aug 2002, 10:07
One-Ball,

FA licences are a requirement of the CAA in Qatar. Please do not make fun of a serious issue.

They are also required as part of the ongoing management and operational systems at Qatar Airways.

Cathar
18th Aug 2002, 12:29
Ramp inspections of foreign aircraft in Europe are carried out according to procedures established under the European Civil Aviation Conference's Safety Assessment of Foreign Aircraft (SAFA) Programme. The SAFA inspections are aimed at ensuring compliance with ICAO standards. As cabin crew licences are not an ICAO requirement cabin crew will not be asked to produce licences during a SAFA inspection. Certainly in the UK there would be no grounds for grounding an aircraft simply because the cabin crew do not have licences.

A300Man
18th Aug 2002, 13:13
Correct Cathar. Nice to see that someone has the facts correct!!!

However, the paperwork that the QR crews carry is a competence card which forms part of the internal quality and safety regime and is produced in conjunction with QCAD.

It has no authority whatsoever outside of Qatar, but is rather an internal guide for the airline themselves, and is of particular relevance on check flights, etc.....

I have already scolded Jennie for her comments. Ha.

MTQatar
18th Aug 2002, 13:36
BE VERY CAREFUL OF QR001 INTO LHR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why should passengers worry when aboard the A330 operated LHR or MXP flights? I have seen F/A's being trained at QR Tower on the A330-200 with my own eyes. I have seen the Mock Up emergency exits etc... and I have spoken to some of the people involved in the training so Jennie Blond if you want to bash QR then try to find something with a pinch of truth for someone to take you seriously. And what is up with you trying to create hysteria around QR?

aviatorgirl72
18th Aug 2002, 14:40
Unfortunately, yet again people posting on this forum have made inaccurate statements.

Isan't it about time that people, move on with their lives, and post something that will beneficial to motivating and encouraging crew, rather than being negative, negative, negative.

Behaviour creates behaviour, and unfortunately negativity creates negativity.

Move on with your lives and stop this endless bashing all the time!

Then maybe the crew at qatar can start to be more positive, and make their own judgement of the company!;)

A300Man
18th Aug 2002, 16:03
Well said.

However, I suspect that what Jennie (correct me if I am wrong) was referring to was the competence cards that the crew carry.

Although all of the crew HAVE been properly trained on the A330, they have not yet been issued with the updated internal cards (its like a credit-card size thing).

However, SEP department assure me that this is currently in the process of being updated now and will be issued to all crew as necessary.

It is however an INTERNAL document only, and is not a requirment of IATA, etc......

aviatorgirl72
18th Aug 2002, 17:11
Exactly, it is for the company, nobody else.

All the asian carriers have them as well, and it is just a company requirement that you carry them, and that they can be checked at any time.

Happy flying!!!

one-ball
18th Aug 2002, 21:33
I rest my case.

MaxMet
19th Aug 2002, 17:15
No it's a fuin goat!

I heard that someone got fired for calling the company logo and emblem of Qatar a goat when in fact it is an Oryx.

Is this one of those Cabin Myths?

MM..

A300Man
19th Aug 2002, 20:23
MaxMet,

It is definately a myth. I can assure you.

MTQatar
19th Aug 2002, 20:52
There are so many incorrect rumours around about QR especially coming out from certain ex-QR people. I have heard everything from AAB being corrupt and embezzling to Flight Attendants fired for wearing their hats unsymtrically.

Gotta-FOnow
19th Aug 2002, 23:10
MT Qatar dont make statemnts that you can't back up I also know the person who was sacked for not wearing their hat unsymtrically as you have put it. Was back in 1998 and was a scottish girl. SO PLEASE DONT MAKE STATEMENTS LIKE THAT UNLESS YOU CAN ALSO BACk THEM UP.

:mad:

gulf-crew
20th Aug 2002, 03:28
MaxMet would not be surprised if it was not a rumour will ask around to see if its true for you

As for you MTQatar I pressume that stupid little statement was aimed at me (formely being ex-QR) It is a fact that a British girl was TERMINATED for not wearing her hat properly, she was re-instated 1 week later and then resigned from QR shortly after. Please get YOUR facts right before calling other people liars.

And whats to the rumour that AAB is going mad at the moment because too many crew resigning doesn't that tell you something???? You are very pro Qatar not surprising as its your national airline but wake up and smell the roses. As someone else put it the crew don't deserve to be treated like that they deserve much better. You cant run an airline on scare tactics if you do you wont keep them for long as is going on.

So please refrain from saying ex-qr people are saying incorrect rumours its fact and get with it

Dan-Air London
20th Aug 2002, 07:45
Ladies and Gentlemen,

This thread was created to cover a specific issue. i.e. cabin crew licences at Qatar Airways.

The thread has now been hijacked - yet again - and the usual bickering about the behaviour of the CEO and terminations has started all over again.

Since you all feel so strongly about this, may I suggest that one of you starts a new thread on your chosen topic.

This means that individuals like me who are attracted to the thread headline do not have to wade through pages of allegations and counter allegations on different subjects, not really relevant to the matter in question.

Many thanks indeed.

PPRuNe Pop
20th Aug 2002, 08:01
Seems to me that some sensitivities are being tickled here. If everyone recognises that, then what is an otherwise interesting thread will get back on track. Best concentrate on the issue.

Be a shame to bring the heavy mob in :D

MTQatar
20th Aug 2002, 11:10
Gulf-Crew and Gotta-FOnow,

No I didn't direct what I said "certain ex-QR people" that is why I said "certain" and "all ex-QR people".

You are very pro Qatar not surprising as its your national airline

You are very anti-Qatar Airways and so if I am biased towards QR and you are biased against QR this would make a balance here in the forums. Wouldn't it?

So please refrain from saying ex-qr people are saying incorrect rumours its fact and get with it
Not all of what some of the ex-QR people say is fact, I recall several posts made in the last 3 months that were filled with BS, just make a search.

I also know the person who was sacked for not wearing their hat unsymtrically as you have put it. Was back in 1998 and was a scottish girl.

Sorry about that, I was following QR only after 2001 and never really had an interest in them earlier so any info pre-2001 is very sketchy. I have heard and read (from ex-QR people through personal contact) that many flight attendants were fired for the same reason upto 2001 that is why I said "Flight Attendants fired for wearing their hats" and not "a flight attendant fired for wearing her hat...".

Palma de Mallorca
23rd Aug 2002, 10:51
guys and girls,

I urge you to print off the comments made above on this thread and just read back to yourself aloud all of the comments and bickering that has again erupted on the subject of Qatar Airways.

i.e A thread was started by someone who thought it was correct to warn the world about some safety concerns (rightly or wrongly, the lady thought it was correct to do so. Thats up to her).

But, as always the case with Qatar Airways, the subject has ONCE AGAIN degenerated into the sackings of crew and the wrong wearing of hats and so on.........................

Just where are you all hoping to go here and what are you hoping that this leads to? I have to admit to being a trifle bemused.

I admire your passion about your subject, but its also quite funny. Sorry.