PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Crew Demotions

moneyman
17th Aug 2002, 12:45
Rumors are true at QR

All the rumors are true. CSDs Demoted because of passenger complaint about noise and seats not working correctly.

C. Crew at this airline are expected to do everything. After being sent a letter asking them to work harder for the Airline, and that their wellbeing was the most importance, now they recv letter threatening all crew with demotions and firing if anything goes wrong. No investigation or anything. One passenger complaint and people are terminated. Great place to work !!!!!!!!
Totally upset all crew, Cabin and Cockpit. Low morale. Low safety!!!!!!!!

aviatorgirl72
17th Aug 2002, 18:21
Moneyman you are obviously working at Qatar from the posts that you have made.

Unfotunately, as you say that is life at qatar ,and if you dont like it, you should leave.

It is very different here in the gulf airlines and you do feel as if you walk on eggshells, especially at Qatar as it is such a strict company.

But you dont like it leave.

Emirates are recruiting, and also gulf.

:) ;) :)

I dont understand why it would be low safety!

The main reason we are empolyed , is for safety, if you're not there for that, then you are totally in the wrong job!!!

I'm sorry, but that has to be said.:rolleyes:

A300Man
17th Aug 2002, 18:37
Aviatorgirl,

I am sorry but your final comments about safety are somewhat misguided.

A state of low morale leads to poor concentration and obvious safety hazards (leg-rests, blinds, baggage, belts.......and some more serious ones) will be missed by crew who's minds have been diverted by the poor treatment that they have received. I have seen it myself.

So, for you to state that you cannot understand why low safety arises, is somewhat surprising.

And, I know that EK are recruiting (GF not at all), but it is very difficult for current cabin crew at QR to leave and join EK.

--------

Moneyman:-

If you are a regular on this forum, you will know that I am normally a very big fan of Qatar Airways and I really do want the company to succeed.

However, I am saddened to say that your posting above is TOTALLY ACCURATE and every word is correct. I am sorry to hear that morale has once again dipped to low levels.......and if you are currently working with QR, then I wish you and your colleagues the best at this time. Hope that things improve very soon.

aviatorgirl72
18th Aug 2002, 03:18
I am well aware that the crew can have a difficult time at Qatar, as the standards are very high there, and maintaining that standard can be very hard. But as I've said before, we all have a choice of where we want to be in life.

I personally believe that if you have happy crew, you will have happy passengers, and it is down to the csd to set the tone for the flight in the breifing.

If the csd on these flights do not have the backbone to support and stand up for their crew, then personally I do not feel that they should be doing the job.

And as regards to your thoughts on low safety, I take onboard what you are saying, and accept that. But the primary reason for us being onboard is safety, and I for one make sure I know my safety very well, and do not let a bad day affect my job in any way shape or form.

I know that if I ever had an emergency, I would not let anything or anyone get in the way of getting myself out of that aircraft, with my passengers.

If crew do want to join EK, then they should resign and apply, it's as simple as that.

Lastly, Gulf Air are recruiting as they have just taken out a full page out in LHR issue of skyport!!!

Jennie Blond
18th Aug 2002, 08:34
Aviatorgirl,

I am really sorry to be so cruel, but your statements in the previous TWO postings are really crazy!!! My darling, I have been in Middle Eastern Cabin Services for almost 25 years.

You make it sound like easy-peasy for crew just to "leave and apply and transfer" between carriers in the gulf. This was maybe the case 8 or 10 years ago.

But my darling, today, with so much competition and closer co-operation between thr gulf country carriers, it is not so easy as you are suggesting.

So please, do not patronise the visitors to this forum by telling then the age old statement - "if you don't like it, leave".

Some boys and girls are desperate to leave. Some of our crew are supporting large families back home in Asian nations. They cannot just "leave".

As for Qatar Airways, there really are some fantastic people there. But none of them deserve to be treated as amateurs. They are all professionals. I know, because I used to work there.

A300Man - thanks for your private message. Glad to hear that you are still around. But I disagree with you on the issue of morale to an extent. Please see my reply in your personal inbox.

Take care everyone and safe flying.

A300Man
18th Aug 2002, 09:08
Jennie, I have seen it myself on several flights. Not just on QR, by the way.

A little bit of fairer treatment would do wonders for morale just now.

aviatorgirl72
18th Aug 2002, 12:08
Firstly, I am not your darling, and perhaps after 25 years, maybe its you who should be leaving, the aviation industry.

Secondly, I appreciate your statements, that there are a lot of asian crew, who work in the gulf, to support their families back home, which is very commendable it its self.

But it is not just the asian crew that moan about work conditions, or maybe it is, as you are suggesting!!! And I dont think that we are boys and girls, we are all adults, so maybe you're the one being patronising!!!

Personally I would not stay with a carrier if I was so unhappy, as is suggested with some of these crew. You will only look back in a few years, and say, well I wasted my time there, life is far too short.

Everyone does have a choice of where they want to be in life. You have to be hardheaded about it and go for it.

And you are incorrect, in saying that it is not easy to swop between the gulf carriers.

I know plently of ex qatar crew at emirates. When you apply you simply do not mentiion that you are working for qatar or as I said before you resign and apply. Life is about taking risks.

Lastly, I know very well that the crew are not amateurs at Qatar, they are extremely professional, I've flown with them several times, and never even suggested such a thing.

And as far as safety is concerned, I again would not let anyone or anything affect my job, in this way.

I worked for one the asian carriers for a while, and as we all know they are very strict onboard, and never once did I let anyone affect my performance onboard.

Lastly, Im sure many crew will agree with me, it is very much down to the CSD onboard to ensure that there is no bullying, etc, etc, etc. They are in charge of the cabin and do set the tone of the flight at the initial breifing.

So in all fairness I think it is you that is misleading everyone, as crew are swopping carriers now, and will continue to do so.

So if anyone does read any of this, it is possible to swop between carriers in the gulf, and if this what you want to do, then go for it, and dont look, and ignore inaccurate statements like these.