PDA

View Full Version : Flight Logs in Excel

dublinpilot
13th Aug 2002, 12:56
Some time ago I made up a flight log in Excel. It ment that I could amend it to include the information that I wanted and exclude info I didn't want.

Works very well.

Last weekend I began to wonder if I could include calculations in it to adjust for wind etc.

After using the internet to re-learn triginomotry (didn't learn to spell it!) I managed to get it to work.

You can get it from:

Flight Log Spread Sheet (http://homepage.eircom.net/~dublinpilot/VFR%20Flight%20Plan-Calculations.xls)

I have checked it and double checked....it for errors and all seems to be ok. (At least after I told it I couldn't possibly fly a heading of 365 degrees nor a heading of -5degrees!) But in case any one wants to sue me...read the disclaimer before use!!:D

Unless you really know what you are doing...don't mess with the formulas!!;)

Let me know if you find it useful. If you want to keep using it you might consider making a small donation to a charity of your choice.

If you are a student...don't use the calculations before doing it with your whiz wheel or you won't learn anything!!! :rolleyes:

Everyone check the calculations on your flight comp before taking off.:D Wouldn't be good to find I missed a decimal point when you find yourself over head a large unknown airport that looks like Heathrow!!