PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Approach Plates

Stick Pusher
3rd Aug 2002, 04:44
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any airlines that have moved away from the paper Jepp Plates and are using approved electronic approach plates? I belive they might even be able to do other things, such as route data cards, and perhaps even flight / tech logs as well. If so, what are the units that are available, (brand and models), as well as how they have been installed and how and who has approved them? I would like to know, as I am going to try and do a cost analysis on moving away from the paper system, to reduce the man hours in ammending the folders as well as the number of ammendments required throughout the company.

Genghis the Engineer
3rd Aug 2002, 15:21
I believe Jeppesen themselves were demo-ing such a thing at Farnborough last week.

G

4dogs
4th Aug 2002, 07:07
Stick Pusher,

In your cost analysis to save administration time, make sure you include a means of home study for each pilot and make sure that whatever means is used to display the charts in the cockpit is ergonomically suitable for its purpose - the efforts so far of the engineers and techno-freaks who design GPS displays and controllers should make it all seem worthwhile.

Fil
6th Aug 2002, 15:27
Jet Blue?

Heard, although a rumour, that they use electronic plates.