PDA

View Full Version : Hurray-july 2003 course!!

1st Aug 2002, 13:22
Hello,

i ahve just heard that i have been successful and will be on the july course next year-anyone gonna be there?

Mr_Grubby
1st Aug 2002, 14:35
Well Done Crewman.

They mite even teech yu to tipe and rite proper

Mr G.

1st Aug 2002, 15:39
sorry about the spelling and all!!

this was the 1st course they could book me on - so i was told?

sounds like a fantastic opportunity:eek:

Sheilagh Blige
1st Aug 2002, 19:25
It's true, Bournemouth is a cracking place to spend 18 months...........it's just the remaining 38.5 years spent at Swanwick that'll spoil it!!!!!!!!!!

Gonzo
1st Aug 2002, 19:30
So why not only spend 12 months at Bournemouth and take the righteous way? Approach! :cool:

Gonzo.

MinimumRest
1st Aug 2002, 20:03
See you next July crewman! Need a flatmate? :D

MR XxX

1st Aug 2002, 20:48
hey minimum,

have you checked out the accomodation? i havent yet so it could be a good plan of attack - mail me

mark

WX Man
2nd Aug 2002, 07:33
Hey MinimumRest, did you get the SMS I sent you? I sent you an email too to say well done, but I lost your 'proper' email address, so I sent it to your PPRuNe one. Crewman, well done mate!

From one of your continental cousins...

fly bhoy
6th Aug 2002, 07:10
Howdo Crewman?

I'll also be on the july 03 course, pending passing the medical and references etc. Need to organise going for a pint (or typing classes!!) nearer the time!!

FB

6th Aug 2002, 12:43
fly - sounds good - i never knock a pint down - send me an e-mail

TONY21
6th Aug 2002, 15:43
I TOO AM ON THE JULY 2003.
ANYONE FANCY E-MAILING TO ORGANISE A PRE-COURSE-DRINKING SESH?????
FIRE AWAY:[email protected]
THE NAME IS TONY 21, STILL A STUDENT UNTILL MAY 2003.
BUT LOOKING WELL FORWARD TO OUR COURSE IN JULY.
:D :rolleyes: :) :p :p :p

Barnaby the Bear
10th Aug 2002, 11:04
If you are looking for accomodation, most of the students (Are they still called that?) Stay in B&B's is Westby Road Boscombe. At least until they get to know each other.

When I was there I chose not to as it can feel abit like living with parents (Landladies take an interest in what you get up to!).

The hierachy like it as it means you are bonding as a group and that you will study together (How wrong they are).

Whatever you do good luck. Bournemouth as has been said is a fantastic place to live.

:p

C U JIMMY
10th Aug 2002, 13:52
don't stop with NATS, apply to Eurocontrol, and maybe you might end up actually doing something when you finish your college training, cos you'll be sitting on your arse for a while at Swanwick (which is where you'll end up by the way)

MinimumRest
10th Aug 2002, 20:01
How many people are usually on a course, as I count 4 of us on here! Crewman I PM'd you, let me know if you recieved it. Anyone else on the course please mail me, would be good to do some pre-course bonding (ohh-err!)

MR XxX :D

[email protected] (I think!)

G-SPOTs Lost
11th Aug 2002, 09:05
I did groundschool @ PPSC (RIP) and stopped at THE best B&B in the entire Universe. Mail me if anybody wants details.

Bright-Ling
11th Aug 2002, 13:26
FIRE AWAY:[email protected]

well Tony21 from Berkshire - you ain't gonna have the **** taken out of you by the other courses or instructors!!!!

Welcome aboard

Dances with Boffins
12th Aug 2002, 12:25
thesexywomble?

Don't worry Bright-ling & Co, we'll ensure you all find out who he is. :D Tony, I suggest a deed-poll change before July, or a sense of humour re-inforcement. Congrats for passing the entrance, see you next summer. :cool:

PS As someone asked, there will be around 30 of you on the course. If you haven't had the accomodation details from Hurn yet, they will arrive soon.

TONY21
20th Aug 2002, 17:56
ahem.

there are no apologies for the warped sense of humour. blame it on the animation degree, its starting to give me a nervous twitch and you may even spot me down at your local tescos sporting the very latest in marvel and spiderman memorabillia, waving around one of my trusty lightsabres, or just standing on the street corner bitchin' about software and render times.

never judge a book by the cover, even if it is to be a bright red and blue one.

captain tony of the space ship nantucky.:D

MinimumRest
26th Aug 2002, 18:10
Anyone else got their medical scheduled for Sept 19th?

MR XxX

fly bhoy
28th Aug 2002, 09:31
I've got mine scheduled for the 26th.

FB

30th Aug 2002, 13:51
think my medical is the 17th?? let me check.............

ahhhhhhhhhhh the 12th!!!! time to panic!!:confused:

so is anyone else going to have their medical on the 12th@heathrow?? let me know and we could go for a pint (preferably afterwards!!)

TONY21
2nd Sep 2002, 18:48
GOOD LUCK TO ALL AT YOUR MEDICALS.
I HOPE YOU HAVE LUNGS THAT CAN BLOW DOWN ALL THE PIGGIES HOUSES..AND YES THAT MEANS THE BRICK ONE TOO,
YOU WILL KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

OTHER THAN THAT...WILL SEE YOU ALL IN JULY.
IM OFF FOR TWO WEEKS OF SOMETHING IN AUSTRALIA ON FRIDAY BEFRE THE UNI FRESHERS WEEK KICKS IN AGAIN.

SO REMEMBER KIDDIES, ALWAYS EAT BANANAS ON SPORTS DAY.:D