PDA

View Full Version : I Got Australian!!!!!!!!!!!!

BDboy
1st Aug 2002, 01:46
Hi there everyone!!

I got that long awaited call from Australian Airlines yesterday, this is awsome, a real dream come true! to everyone out there trying, please dont ever give up, this was my 12th airline interview and after much perserverance I finally made it!!!! I still dont think it has actually sunk in yet:) Anyway, to everyone out there going for interviews I would like to wish u all the very best, keep going at it and dont give up!!

Ill keep in contact!!!

galleygirl
1st Aug 2002, 02:05
Congratulations, its so great to hear such enthusiasm!! i hope all your dreams and expectations of the job are fulfilled. safe and happy flying!:D

Cabin Scrag
1st Aug 2002, 03:08
Congratulations BD Boy, that is great news !
I am still waiting to hear from them
Have you been given a start date yet?
what else did they tell you ??
please let me knoe
once again Congratulations:)

BDboy
1st Aug 2002, 05:00
Hi there Cabin Scrag, I start training on the 23rd of September, 3 weeks in Sydney and two in Cairns!! Dont worry They have alot of people to get around to and call, I am so excited, this is a dream!!

Take care and let me know how you go!

FloatJockey
1st Aug 2002, 06:05
I AM VEDDY VEDDY HAPPY FOR YOUUUU! :D :p WELL DONE!

smile
1st Aug 2002, 09:06
Congrats BDBoy,

Best of luck with your training. And when you get online!!!

love SMILE:D

cloud nine
1st Aug 2002, 09:09
Great to hear another Ppruner has made it! Good stuff!

All the best ;) :) :D ;) :) :D

ditzyboy
1st Aug 2002, 22:04
Congratulations!

kjay
2nd Aug 2002, 07:00
Congratulations BD boy its great to see your patience and perseverence has paid of.
And to know you didnt give up and keeped trying is a great motivation to us all to never give up on our dreams.:)

australian boy
2nd Aug 2002, 07:07
:) Hi Everyone,

This is my first reply on pprune, I just got into Australian Airlines as well starting on the 23rd of September, this was my 11th flight Attendant interview so persistance pays off keep trying and you will get there, I been watching all the posts for 3 years when I first had my first interview, I currently work for virgin as ground crew, and now my dream has finally came true, I wish everyone all the best it is so nice to see other people like guys who r so keen, dedicated and passionate to fly.

see u in the sky

Australian Boy

flightbunny
2nd Aug 2002, 07:32
hi,

congratulations to the both of you and to all who get the australian jobs...so lucky...make me glad to see that persistence pays off in the end!!!!!!!:) :D :cool:

flying_fox
2nd Aug 2002, 07:34
.......and well done to you both!

Just goes to show persistance always pays off in the end; great to see. Have fun and enjoy!! See you there.

Reg's, flying fox

;)

Whoops! No pun intended there, flight bunny. I think we posted at the same time. Great minds think alike as they say!!

Edited for addition to text

miss 23
2nd Aug 2002, 08:34
Congratulations to all that got in to Australian....I can imagine how happy you all are right now and enjoy.......:) :) :)

BDboy
2nd Aug 2002, 08:57
Thanks everyone so much for all your support, I seriously cant believe this!! Congratulations to everyone that got into Australian Airlines, see u in the sky!

BDboy

australian boy, I also start training on the 23rd buddy, look forward to seeing you!

flapsforty
2nd Aug 2002, 21:01
Great stuff gentlemen, welcome to the fold.
Wishing you a long & happy career in the air!
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/aircraft/Plane1.gif

cabin chick
2nd Aug 2002, 22:42
Hi everyone,

Like aust. boy, this is my first post, but I just had to say that persistance is definitely the key.

I too made it through the process for Australian and am absolutely wrapped!! It still hasn't sunk in.

I would like to say a huge thanks to all who posted here over the past couple of months keeping us all in the loop and letting us know where they were up to.

BD boy and australian boy, I guess I will be meeting with you very soon as I too start on 23 September.

First champange pop at my place! (wherever that may be!)

Keep up the good work Ppruners, you are all an integral part of everyone getting jobs!

:D :D :D

sassy1
3rd Aug 2002, 02:14
Hey BBoy,

A big congrats on your entry into Australian this is fantastic!! This is my first time on pprune so I hope this message finds you well. I also applied for Australian and are waiting to here the outcome. They have completed my reference checks, I am just going out of my brain waiting to here. Did they happen to ring you with the good news???

Again, well done!!!

Sassy1

sassy1
3rd Aug 2002, 02:37
Hey Cabin scrag,

I too am waiting to hear back from Austrlain. A big congrats to BBoy and to all who made it!!! Have you recived a call yet Cabin Scrag???

Cabin Scrag
3rd Aug 2002, 03:36
[COLOR=royalblue] Hi Sassy1, It sure is hard waiting however it must be a big task for them to track down and chat to all successfull applicants and place them into schools, so there is no need to worry yet, I am sure we will hear soon!
take care and enjoy your weekend:cool:

australian boy
3rd Aug 2002, 05:06
:D :D :D Hey everyone,

I look forward to meeting both of u B D BOY and Cabin chick in Cairns on the 23rd of Sept, congrats to both of u and anyone else who finds out their start date......six weeks will pass very quick do u both have to relocate aswell??? It is good to see others posting for the first time as well.....

Take Care

Australian Boy

SALLY75
4th Aug 2002, 00:16
Well Done Everyone!!! This is my Second Post..and I am also one of the lucky ones to get into Australian.I start of the 16th September.Hope to meet everyone up there soon!!:p

jayne
6th Aug 2002, 13:39
CONGRATULATIONS! I know exactly how you feel. The excitement is just amazing and you just want to tell the whole world.Make sure you keep us all posted on how your training goes etc. Well done. This is a lifetime experience that you will never forget......

australian boy
6th Aug 2002, 23:30
:) :) :) Hey jayne,

You r so right it is so exciting, and it is the best
feeling, and the best part about it is that there r others
who ill get to fly with from this forum who r just as passionate
and dedicated to as my self, thanks for your kind words ill keep
youn informed of how training go's.

take care

Australian Boy :D :D

dij88
7th Aug 2002, 09:03
Yipee.......!!!!!!

I got in aswell, this is getting so exciting now.

See you all in CNS and well done.

SALLY75
7th Aug 2002, 23:53
Hi there everyone.....just wondering if anyone else has actually recieved their contracts yet???
It's been a week since I got my call, and no sign yet.
Look forward to your reply:)

BDboy
8th Aug 2002, 02:09
Hi SALLY 75

Great to hear of another successful applicant!!! I start my training on the 23rd of September, so by the time I get up to Cairns you would of sussed it all out for us!! I am coming over from WA so its all really exciting! Regarding the contracts, I got an email last night saying that they had just posted out the contracts so we should recieve them in the next few days, not too much longer now. Anyway let me know when you recieve yours and I cant wait to meet you up in Cairns.

BDboy!

flightbunny
8th Aug 2002, 02:20
hello,

just a question if u don't mind..did any of you that were successful have an asian language????

if u could let me know it would be great thanks

BDboy
8th Aug 2002, 02:39
Hi there flightbunny, out of the applicants I know that were successful, none of us had a language, I have basic Mandarin conversational skills but I havnt got a fluency certificate.

Hope this helps.

BDboy!

flightbunny
8th Aug 2002, 03:06
hi BDboy,

thanks for that!!! seems like i might give it ago next time they recruite!!!!

Cabin Scrag
8th Aug 2002, 05:04
For thoses of you still waiting to hear from Australian , dont give up yet, I just got that long awaited phone call and will be starting on 1st September, looking forward to meeting all of you :D :D :D

Airtart
8th Aug 2002, 06:11
Well done Cabin Scrag !!!! :) :) :)

Do we call you Miss Scrag now ? or Cabin Mistress Scrag ? :D

sassy1
8th Aug 2002, 07:09
hey there,

well done to everyone, this is great. To those who haven't heard as yet, please don't give up they are still sorting and finalising. I start on the 23rd Sept and are really looking forward to it. I think BBoy you said you also start on this date??

Anyhow, can't wait to meet everyone...

A big congrats to all...

cino2go
8th Aug 2002, 07:39
Ladies and Ladies and Gentlemen.. I got the long awaited phone call today.. Starting 13th October..:D

Guess I will be seeing you all in the Air :)

Uniform is from Dowd.. Wonder if its a WEISS Product ??
Wonder if its going to be like me old ansett uniform with a splash of Orange

I did not have a language either.. but i do believe that they are splitting the training schools up with different language speakers in each class, Exansett crew, other crew and NEW Recruits who will NEVER NEVER look back.

To those who have not made it .. I wish you all the best in your endevours. Keep your spirits and chin high.

Cabin Scrag
9th Aug 2002, 09:51
Thankyou airtart, you may address me as Scragula,Queen of the cabin scrags !!! :p :p :p

SALLY75
9th Aug 2002, 13:28
Hey there all.
I am one of the lucky ones to be starting on the 15th Sept.I do have a language(Japanese) for whoever was asking,but I don't think that many people who got in did,so don't let that put anyone off out there who was unsuccessful,and wondering whether they should re-apply when the time comes! You should definelty keep trying! It will be worth it in the end.
BDBOY can't wait to meet you too,along with everyone else.
I recieved my contract today, start actually on the 15th for checking in to the Novotel,and Celebration BBQ.Can't Wait!!! :D

cino2go
9th Aug 2002, 14:33
Anyone in Sydney interested in catching up for a Bevvie or 2 somewhere in the City on 24 or 25/8.

I start on the 1st September and would be nice to meet some of you before i trundle off..

Any suggestions ??

:D

nojacketsrequired
15th Aug 2002, 15:13
Well done everyone you all seem so pleased which is good to see.

If you would like a photo of an Australian A/C they will be on

www.worldairlinephotography.co.uk

mid Sept.

Kind regards,
NJR.