PDA

View Full Version : SAA pilot caight with Cocaine?

Sir Cumference
25th Jul 2002, 07:42
A news report was heard on the radio this morning reporting that "a 40 year old SAA pilot was caught with 1,5 Kg of cocaine! Anybody know any more?:eek:

Gunship
25th Jul 2002, 12:22
And I obviously know the b*st*rd as well !
If found quilty - rot in hell ! :mad:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

SAA pilot in cocaine bust :rolleyes:

Ziegfried Ekron

Cape Town - An SAA pilot was arrested at the Cape Town International Airport for attempting to smuggle 4.5kg cocaine out of the country in a secret compartment of his suitcase.

Police provincial spokesperson Captain Etienne Terblanche said border police doing a routine search of flight personnel's luggage, found cocaine worth at least R1 million in a false bottom in a 40-year-old first officer's suitcase on Wednesday.

The flight to London, Flight SA 220, scheduled to depart at 19:35, only left at 21:45.

Airport personnel declined to confirm the reason for the delay, but SAA national spokesperson Rich Mkhondo said management received the news of the haul "with grave concern".

"We have very clear rules about this and we will not tolerate drug smuggling by our employees. The person will be temporarily suspended and, if found guilty, chances are he will lose his job."

Mkhondo said he could not recall a similar incident at the airport.

Terblanche praised the SAA for the company's co-operation.

He said it was not clear whether the drugs were destined for Britain or Europe, adding that the crew was scheduled to stop over in London for two days.

Meanwhile, provincial police chief Commander Lennit Max praised police for their excellent work, saying combating the drug trade was one of the service's top priorities.

South African Airways Company announced on Wednesday that security would be beefed up at the country's airports in preparation for the World Summit on Sustainable Development in Johannesburg next month.

Bad news link (http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/WesternCape/0,1113,2-7-830_1218950,00.html) :mad:

Gunship
25th Jul 2002, 12:56
Bad News Link (http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/WesternCape/0,1113,830_1219068,00.html)

Pilot's fate hangs in balance

Related Articles
SAA pilot in cocaine bust

Cape Town - South African Airways management is locked in a meeting to decide the next step following the arrest of a pilot who allegedly attempted to smuggle 4.5kg cocaine out of the country.

Border police doing a routine baggage check on a plane to London - Flight SA 220 - found cocaine worth at least R1m in a false bottom of a 40-year-old first officer's suitcase on Wednesday.

SAA spokesperson Rich Mkhondo told News24 on Thursday that management would decide what steps to take in conjunction with police's investigation into the matter.

He emphasised that SAA has clear rules on "criminal behaviour" among its employees, and, if found guilty, the pilot would be suspended. He could, however, not comment on whether or not the suspect would lose his pilot's license.

Police spokesperson Ettiene Terblanche said is was not clear whether the drugs were destined for Britain or Europe.

He could not provide further details on the case as the suspect has not yet appeared in court.

exjet
25th Jul 2002, 15:03
Hi there Gunship, you home for good now or going back again?

Has this guy been named?

Met up with a Norwegian on Tuesday who operated up in SL with you and Nellis

B Sousa
25th Jul 2002, 15:36
Someone want to name names. The Idiot obviously wont care.......

SkyBat
25th Jul 2002, 18:24
Try..... Someone who was implicated in the Licence Scam!!!!!

Engineer
25th Jul 2002, 20:13
Pilot Named (http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/Gauteng/0,1113,829_1219299,00.html)

Gunship
25th Jul 2002, 21:05
And I thought I might know him .... what a nice guy ... first the licence scam .... case withdrawn later :rolleyes:
Can just imagine why ...

then a bit of Coke - man - o - man can SAA go lower than this and employ bigger rubbish than this **** ... Guns relax boet take a sip ... ahhh that is better.

Anyway rot in hell Sali ! :mad: He denies it of course and most probably get away with it.

Exjet ... back here boet. Started the bird for the first time yesterday since THAT day on 19 Oct last year.
Flying t'row if all goes well with further tests :D

The Actuator
26th Jul 2002, 06:09
Wouldn't it be correct if, instead of just naming this idiot, the newspapers would report the fact that this is an affirmitave action employee and state the facts about the licence scam. It amazes me that in the long proud history of pilot's in this airline it is only since we started employing people who clearly have no passion for flying, have achieved nothing on their own and get treated with kid gloves that we all have to have our reputations tarnished. How good would this guy like to have it????. Not satisfied with a fantastic job, above average salary, security a future and god knows what else it is still not enough. How typical.

Gunship
26th Jul 2002, 09:57
THE ACTUATOR love it man ... just love it - shoot from the hip ! :D

Where is SLAPFAAN's comments ??? ;)

Cardinal Puff
26th Jul 2002, 10:46
Why am I not surprised? Those still battling to get into Spoories must be squeezing out rolls of barbed wire at the injustice of it all. As usual the suspect will walk due to the policy that allows known murderers parole (among other things) to continue abusing the system.

Anyone in Europe or the US looking for a tired pilot?

Petes Dragon
26th Jul 2002, 10:53
This is losely translated as: "Sometimes I sits and theeeeeenks..."

Will there be sufficient manpower and funds to investigate this issue further this time, or will the case be dropped again due to "...lack of manpower and funds to further investigate...."

Just asking.....

Howsit Gunnie, gaan dit nog goed????

Warlock2000
27th Jul 2002, 06:23
"We have very clear rules about this and we will not tolerate drug smuggling by our employees. The person will be temporarily suspended and, if found guilty, chances are he will lose his job."

What does this pr!ck mean with a absurd statement like that?
Just how clear can the rules really be when Similo "affirmtive" Sali is TEMPORARILY suspended (on FULL PAY no less) and if found guilty (no contest in a normal country, but hey, he's already got away with fraud once) CHANCES are he will get the sack?

When is the ANC government gonna stop its racist affirmative action policy and let people be hired on talent and experience rather than on the colour of their skin? Unrelated I know, but I go mad every time I switch on SABC TV news and find I need to concentrate REALLY hard to understand what the black news presenter is trying to say because of SERIOUSLY BAD pronounciation and lack of eloquence - these "reepota's" should really have subtitles at the bottom of the screen when covering a story.

ANC, You're skinking the ship!
(Surprise, surprise)
:mad: :mad:

AfricanSkies
27th Jul 2002, 12:43
"One of his co-accused, Domminicus Nombo, fled the country after being found guilty. He has since been arrested by the FBI in the United States after American soldiers, searching through caves in Afghanistan, found his name on documents of the al-Qaeda terrorist network. "

Nice....the Dommy & Sali show. One can't stop terrorism, the other can't keep his greed in check. Knowing this government they'll both be employed as MP's soon, or one'll be the next Commissioner of the CAA...or Thabo will pardon heem and set heem free at the opening spich of the next R100-million governmental extravaganza...

How long are we going to keep paying tax to support this useless, corrupt government?

tired
27th Jul 2002, 20:57
Warlock, African skies et al - agree entirely with what you're saying, but unfortunately they learnt from the masters of corruption and "look-after-your-own" -itis. You surely haven't forgotten the SAA F/O who was caught by the cops at Smuts with 40kg of gold in his suitcase when he checked in for a London flight about 10 or 12 years ago? In those pre-1994 days this was seen as a crime against the State, delivering the Volk into the hands of the communist heathen etc etc etc - anyone old enough to remember the Groot Wagging Vinger will know what I mean. This F/O duly got hauled into court and served 3 years, if memory serves correctly. When he got out - SAA gave him his job back! The fact that he's Afrikaans had nothing to do with it, I'm sure.

That doesn't excuse what the present government is doing, and what will probably happen in this case, but maybe you shouldn't be quite so sanctimonious about it all?

maxrated
27th Jul 2002, 22:34
tired,
I quite agree with your sentiments,

Whilst fully understanding that this sort of thing raises emotions, we should try not to find ourselves guilty of "reverse reverse rascisim"
IE assuming that
1-all non white pilots are affirmative action positions and

2- are therefore not as good as the rest of us lilly white breathren when it comes to aviation.

3-that all affirmative actioned pilots cant fly as well as us.

In any organisation there are going to be bad apples in the pile, irrespective of race/ colour, for example, some of the most severely inept and dysfunctional individuals that I've ever flown with were neither affirmative actioned nor black but rather similar to me, being of jolly typical white south african / national party voting / comb in sock / broederbond type, stock. Yet this did not taint my view of Afrikaans speaking people's abilities to fly aeroplanes.

Possibly the selection processes for all positions ( affirmative and non) should be tightend up in order to elliminate poor calibre individuals ( black ,white, whatever) from getting into our companies in the first place.

B Sousa
28th Jul 2002, 03:07
"IE assuming that
1-all non white pilots are affirmative action positions and

2- are therefore not as good as the rest of us lilly white breathren when it comes to aviation.

3-that all affirmative actioned pilots cant fly as well as us. "

Your getting close. In the rush to right the wrongs as is said, qualifications are the least important factor in job determination.
In the business of flying that can be extremely fatal.
Im just guessing, but I will bet Comrad Presidente would not utilize afirmative action while selecting a doctor for his Vasectomy...

El Peligroso
28th Jul 2002, 04:43
In the past, top jobs seemed to favour the white Afrikaans speaker.
That was called Racism!

Today, top jobs seem to favour those of darker a pigmentation.
That is called affirmative action.

See the difference? :rolleyes:

Feline
28th Jul 2002, 08:44
Can't help but think it might have been better to simply close his case, smile sweetly, and tip of HM Customs in London. That would potentially have saved the South African tax payer a bundle, and I'm quite sure that HM Customs and the UK Legal System couldn't give a stuff whether he had been a famous freedom fighter with clout with the ANC ....

brakedwell
28th Jul 2002, 09:17
Feline - So you want hard pressed UK Taxpayers to pick up the tab for the ten years in jail this w****r is likely to receive? I think it would be better if he stayed in your wonderful country and served his sentence there.

El Peligroso
28th Jul 2002, 18:24
......and I thought no-one would notice!!

28th Jul 2002, 23:29
God I'm glad I left!

Cardinal Puff
29th Jul 2002, 09:44
...Assuming, of course, that it all goes as far as this bloke being sentenced.

I have my doubts. It'll probably all get swept under the carpet a' la the licence scam.

Feline
29th Jul 2002, 19:52
Fair point Brakedwell - I was just voicing a certain amount of cynicism about whether the w*nk*r will ever actually do any hard time here in SA -- personally I don't mind where he does his time, just so long as he does it!

Skaz
30th Jul 2002, 17:15
how 'bout we just get the Boere Mafia to make this idiot dissappear and fill he's spot with one of the guys out there who pays hes own way, working as instructor, bushflying in 206's , washing planes etc.....not being a playboy pilot junkie dealer affirmative action reverse rasiscm nepotisticly advantaged bastard!!!

Cpt. Underpants
30th Jul 2002, 17:53
I concur. How about 5 years of arctic flying in 180's on ski's? Single-pilot, loadmaster, mechanic, fueller and cleaner all in one! That'll teach him.

30th Jul 2002, 20:13
Let's stop being so soft on him: public flogging for ten days, followed by a slow execution is the only answer! :D

kuzzin
30th Jul 2002, 20:29
How many times has he done this before, before getting caught?
Who was/is he working for?
That coke came from somwhere?
Why smuggle coke from SA to Europe?
Saw SAA just turned a profit....and he'll get his job back for sure...
Makes you wonder ..the bigger picture is what intrigues me..
oh well , just another day in Africa:confused:
Kuzz

planecrazi
1st Aug 2002, 10:29
Where there is smoke, there is fire... and he wasn't playing fireman.:rolleyes:

Dr Know
1st Aug 2002, 23:49
EEESH!

I Kun't say for shure, but I fink dis is unfair, we are vai-olating his humon rites. I'ts only 4.5KG. F*#%#$K it coet have been the hole Faarken soetkcase full. Cut him slack en maak hom presedint!

126.9 What up boet, smaak my you left a good "joint" just in crime.. I ment in time!
:D :D :D

Gunship
3rd Aug 2002, 08:46
And SAA always thought they are untouchable ..... :rolleyes:

If you do not believe me ... believe NEWS 24 (http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/WesternCape/0,1113,2-7-830_1236951,00.html)

:mad: Cape Town - The British government threatened to impound South African aircraft, to cancel SA Airways' licence and to ban its aircraft from landing at Heathrow Airport after SAA crew were caught drug trafficking in 1997.

This was stated in the Bellville Magistrate's Court on Friday by SAA executive manager (operating) Joachim Steve Rentsch, at the bail hearing of SAA pilot Similo Sircharles Sali.

Rentsch told the court that the British government had warned SAA to improve its airport security relating to drug detection.

He said this resulted in the tagging of the baggage and luggage of pilots and crew, along the lines of a Memorandum of Understanding.

Before the tagging started, and a drug trafficker among the crew happened to see customs officials checking baggage at Heathrow, the offender would simply leave his untagged luggage on the conveyer belt and disappear.

With the new system the authorities at Heathrow now at least knew to whom suspect baggage belonged.

DRUGS WAS PLANTED (What Els Ernie ?) :rolleyes:

Sali told the court that he was not involved in drug trafficking and did not know that there was cocaine hidden in his luggage when he was arrested at Cape Town International Airport on July 24. :p

The night before a woman seeking a post with SAA had visited his room at the Strand Street Holiday Inn to hand him a CV. It was possible that she had planted the cocaine found in his hand baggage.

Sali told of another incident when a SAA crew member took his luggage by mistake at Zurich Airport.

Sali said he only got his luggage back two days later at the Johannesburg airport, and it was also possible that this person had placed the cocaine in his bag.

DRUGS FOUND IN OVERNIGHT CASE

Investigating officer Inspector Barend Geldenhuys of the SA narcotics bureau said staff shortages had drastically reduced the number of checks in recent times.

He said crew placed their luggage in a special container which was placed in a compartment on the plane. Hand luggage that crew took on board with them was scanned.

Sali told him the case in question had been given to him by the SAA in October last year and he had used it ever since when flying overseas.

Geldenhuys said the bag was not part of SAA issue to pilots, but a small one which could be used as hand luggage.

The substance was inside a plastic bag that was wrapped in brown plastic tape. It weighed just less than 3kg and the drugs had a street value of about R1m.

Geldenhuys said the forensic laboratory where the substances were being analysed had said that two of the bags had contained almost-pure cocaine while another had been mixed with other substances.

He said he had confiscated Sali's passport as well as his identity document, a temporary passport and another new passport. All the passports were South African. :rolleyes:

Gunship
3rd Aug 2002, 09:15
Link (http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/WesternCape/0,1113,2-7-830_1226454,00.html)

Cape Town - The bail application of SA Airways (SAA) pilot Similo Sircharles Sali, who was allegedly caught with 4.5kg of cocaine at Cape Town International Airport last week, was postponed to Friday.

Bellville magistrate Jerome Koeries granted the postponement on Wednesday after Sali decided to engage the services of an advocate rather than an attorney for the bail application.

At the request of defence attorney Joe Webber, Sali was ordered to remain in custody at the Ravensmead police station where he has been held since his arrest.

Prosecutor Stefan Venter said the bail application would be heard by magistrate Theo Marx on Friday, while Kories would preside over the trial.

The cocaine worth R1.4m was found by the border policing unit during a routine search of the crew and their luggage from flight SA220 bound for London.

SortieIII
3rd Aug 2002, 09:54
SAA Untouchable?

I don't know anyone at SAA who thinks that way nowadays:rolleyes: !

Nonetheless, this has to encourage SAA to beef up it's selection procedures!!

Gunship
3rd Aug 2002, 11:41
It seems that I shoot SAA down a bit and it is not the idea. Those that know me will know I have always "come up" for them, and a LOT of my friends fly for them but .... lately ... I am sad to say ... my travel arrangements might change.

It is sad to sit in seat 77 G (I think?) - left rear in PIRANAH class (eat and drink as much as you can mate), with a very well known commander at the controls (good friend as well) and then ...

During the night the male hostie decides to change into his pajamas right behind me ! Sh*t man ... no damn dignity ! Needless to say where he comes from ... shortly afterwards the new hosties arrive on the scene ... I dunno maybe 3 o'clock or so in the morning and when I ask for water she tell me .. help yourself in the galley ... now I mean ...... Anyway this was not the first time ... just the "koffie moffies" (hosties) whole approach from SAA leaves a lot to be desired ... and sad to say even the previous "generation" one's (note : no gender or racisit remark bru) ALSO :rolleyes: leaves a lot to be desired ... wow Gunsss nice Inglish there boet.

Well all for now ... on a more possitive point : SA need more role models like Natalie du Toit and less like Sali A**h*le.

Cheers 4 now - have a gr8 weekend !

Gunship
5th Aug 2002, 22:32
The beginning of getting him out ... (http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/WesternCape/0,1113,2-7-830_1237904,00.html)

A LAUGH A MINUTE ... BANANA REPUBLIC ? :rolleyes:

Cape Town - South African Airways pilot Similo Sircharles Sali was released on R20 000 bail on Monday, following his arrest on July 24 at the Cape Town International Airport on a charge of drug trafficking.

Sali appeared in the Bellville Magistrate's Court before magistrate Theo Marx, who said the strength of the State's case had diminished significantly with the defence cross-examination of the investigating officer, Inspector Barend Geldenhuys.

The magistrate said that the State had opposed bail on two grounds - that there was, in fact, a strong case against Sali and that if convicted he faced a long term of imprisonment. This, the State had contended was a strong inducement for Sali to abscond.

The second reason was that Sali held a civil aviation certificate which enabled him to pilot any aircraft out of the country.

Marx said the fact that Sali was licensed to fly certain aircraft did not mean that he was able to fly any aircraft.

With Sali's passport and civil aviation certificate surrendered to the State, Sali could not legally fly and would have to steal an aircraft to get out of the country.

Marx said to do this would require a lot of luck. Sali would first have to identify a plane to steal safely. He would have to take off unidentified and he would then need to fly safely across the border without being detected.

This was unlikely with modern radar systems.

The magistrate said that even if Sali was able to do all of this he would need permission to land at an airport in a foreign country, and being able to this without permission was improbable.

He said, given the media attention which the case had generated, no self respecting neighbouring country was likely to give him permission to land.

If Sali absconded, he would also lose his family life and all that he had in the country.

Marx said the achievements of the asset forfeiture unit were well known, and if Sali managed to abscond he would lose everything he owned. It was unlikely that Sali would try to evade his trial, and it was clear that he could be safely granted bail.

The case was postponed to September 25 for further investigation.

And they think he "might" still be around by then ? Remember his previous criminal brother in the licence scam ran to the Talliban bru ...

5th Aug 2002, 23:02
And they think he "might" still be around by then ? Remember his previous criminal brother in the licence scam ran to the Talliban bru ...

Well, let's hope that's where he goes too...! :D

Impala
6th Aug 2002, 05:10
The fact that sali got bail was mistake No 1. The angel has taken it further by implicating an totally innocent crewmember who by mistake took his bag in Zurich. This is time for real action gents. The carreer of one of our great skips are on the line because of this mans actions. Any idees or suggestions. I will start by refusing to fly with him should he get his job back. You will never know whether he had a coke light or a coke white. Not the best Co-jo to take anywhere. Gentleman, arm your engines

Gunship
6th Aug 2002, 08:11
Impala,

Although I hate these words - I think nothing less tahn a "General Strike" will do - never mind flying with the ..... Gunss .. Gunsss take a coffee mate - still early ... ok settle down .. settle down maybe the cops also mixed the white and normal coke .. yah know NEW SOUTH AFRICA. :rolleyes:

AfricanSkies
6th Aug 2002, 16:09
At this juncture I'd like to commend our indefatigueable Press Corps (pronounced 'Corpse') in this country. First the cocaine weighed 1.5kg and was worth R1M. And it was hidden in a secret compartment of his suitcase. Then it weighed 4.5kg and was worth R1.4M. Then it was in a plastic bag wrapped in brown tape (not suspicious-looking at all). Now it weighs just less than 3kg (after the SAPS got hold of it, I suppose) and is back to being worth only R1m again....

sounds like our last budget...

:rolleyes:

V1 Rotate
7th Aug 2002, 05:29
I cannot believe that the vast majority of normal decent crew at SAA continue to put up with the behaviour of this affermative- trash. What with the CAA scam, and now the coke, these bastards are rubbishing the name of South African aviation for all of us.

V1 Rotate

B Sousa
7th Aug 2002, 14:22
Grab your socks Boys and Girls........It Aint gonna get any better.......

Kep Ten Jim
8th Aug 2002, 12:39
This reminds me of early days in Air Zimbabwe. Just after independence, one of our first three 'affirmative' pilots to join the airline decided to bolster his humble salary and sneak a bag of dope across to the UK for a consideration. The customs officials at LGW detected it in his baggage before it came through on the conveyor. They put a tail on him and followed him to Victoria Station and caught him in the act of handing it over and accepting cash.

He ended up in one of HM jails for six months, after which he went back to Zim and took up his previous position of FO, as if nothing had happened - protesting his innocence all along and insisting that he didn't know what was in the bag. A few years after that he was promoted to the position of 'Operations Mananger'

mattman
8th Aug 2002, 14:05
I want to just add my little tibit.I am just a mudhopping com pilot trying to earn a living and get ahead in our turmoil airspace we call Africa .After reading all the remarks and comment's (love your stuff gunship) I have come to relize that a future in our grand national airline is not a bright move, one thing I have noticed is that while whatching a bit of rugby I see our boy's in green obviously don't want to mix there drug scandels with the boy's in white mess .So they have opted for good old BA to transport them from one dinguished venue to the next.It obviously looks like ,from a outside point of view,that they don't want to trust them either.Another sad day in African Aviation. :(

Gunship
8th Aug 2002, 20:33
Kep Ten Jim, Sad to hear about Air Zim .. and again they got away - what a shame !

Mattman - welcome to PPRUNE mate. I am sorry of I make light - hearted remarks about these things but on a serious note ... no alcohol for Gunns tonight :p ... as a kid I remember how PROUD I was to say SAA was OUR airways and even a few years ago - I really wanted to get into "SPOORIES".

I even remember my first flight ever with SAA from Jan Smuts to Upington in a HS 748 - it was like yesterday with those neatly dressed pilots all in perfect uniforms and the hosties in their crisp clean, wrinkle free dresses and the legs .. GUNNSSS ... uhhmmm yes.

Man - o - man was I a proud South African with "my" airlines.

Sad to say - I am surely going to join the Springboks (they do not make such good decissions on the field but maybe off the field).

Seriously : If Sali comes out of this - I will personally start a boicot against flying SAA - we will not turn into a another Zimbabwe ! :mad: FINISH ! :mad:

El Peligroso
11th Aug 2002, 02:24
With Sali's passport and civil aviation certificate surrendered to the State, Sali could not legally fly and would have to steal an aircraft to get out of the country.
That would mean breaking the law and I'm sure Similo wouldn't do that!

slapfaan
12th Aug 2002, 03:43
H A L L O girls,

Yes,I'm back due to popular demand.....

So,the circus continues...Just wondering if this Sali-character was intending to sell the coke,or use it himself (can't blame him if the latter is the case,poor salary,bad working conditions etc...)

Haven't seen any feedback from those USELESS union boys!!Here's a question to all of you ladies paying hundreds/thousands of dinero every month for "the cause",what have they ever done for you??????
Instead of taking a strong stance against this .....(some appropriate names have already been mentioned),everyone just sits there waiting for the law to take its course.(couple of good suggestions,though..)

Now is the time to go over into action,even if it means downing tools!

whistlingdixy
12th Aug 2002, 11:23
slapfaan? cathay 340 SO? slapfaan?

hard to believe youre so anti union! not!

slapfaan
13th Aug 2002, 03:19
N O P E, but with all these clowns here at scareways,maybe it's not such a bad idea......:p

Gunship
13th Aug 2002, 07:31
Lo Bru,

Hope you are well. Welcome back. Can only agree with you ! Time for action is NOW !

Gunship
10th Nov 2002, 11:15
Anybody, got any idea what happened to this little "unfortunate misunderstanding " :rolleyes: ???

I pressume our friend might be a training captain by now ? :D

AfricanSkies
10th Nov 2002, 12:22
yeah..Chief Smuggling Instructor...

B Sousa
10th Nov 2002, 15:57
"How long are we going to keep paying tax to support this useless, corrupt government"

Now heres a funny question. I also see that African Skies Post was edited by Jetdriver...Must be someone said something to touchy for PPrune??
Back to the comment, your going to keep funding that Government until you cant afford it anymore. Then the Country will go the way of the rest of Africa. At least thats my two cents..
Im sure if more comments were posted here eventually we would get the to statement that their has never been a successfull black run government yet. Africa is not alone. Im currently in the Virgin Islands where it is also a Black run Government under the U.S. It has to be one of the most corrupt, useless Governments in the U.S. system. It would take Marshall Law to clean out the entire system and replace it with people from places other than here to stabalize the area. I dont see that happening anytime soon......
At least in Africa most people are polite. Here the key word is ATTITUDE. they would never make it in Africa........

Impala
24th Nov 2002, 15:29
Hi gents! Sorry for only returning to the forum now, but to keep you in the picture. The saga is still carrying on. The case has been postponed for the second time. Who knows when it will come to an end. It seems to me that the strategy is to delay as long as possible with the hope to get it thrown out. In the mean time our man is receiving a fat salary for doing nothing. What a good life!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

saywhat
28th Nov 2002, 09:36
Lots of time has passed. Has anyone heard any more what happened to this fool.

Gunship
17th Jan 2003, 13:27
A lot of time has passed again ... WHAT is happening ?