PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Reject

Skydive Girl
23rd Jul 2002, 16:45
Hi All

Well, after nearly a month of waiting to hear back from my Virgin Atlantic interview I got the dreaded rejection letter this morning, never mind, I suppose I can reapply in 6 months and it was only my first application. In the meantime can anybody suggest any other long-haul airlines that I can apply to? BA arent recruiting at the moment and the only other long-haul airline I can think of is Emirates, but I dont know if I fancy being based in Dubai. Any advice/suggestions would be much appreciated! :confused:

sweety
23rd Jul 2002, 19:36
Try and work for other airline rather that longhaul, just to get some experience. ;) Good luck!

cloud nine
23rd Jul 2002, 22:52
That is definatley good advise. Maybe once you are flying short-haul or Regional, your thoughts may even change regarding only wanting to fly long-haul. Mine did :)

BIG MISTER
23rd Jul 2002, 23:16
Hi - Bad luck - just sent you an e-mail :D

Katie
24th Jul 2002, 09:42
there is always next time round! :)

In the meantime:
JMC Airlines

When it comes to delivering a first class service, you will need the highest levels of personal presentation and customer service skills. Our training programme is recognised as one of the best in the industry - a programme that will develop your expertise to exceed customer expectations and achieve your full potential as part of our forward-thinking organisation.

We have completed our recruitment programme for Summer 2002 and are now planning our intake of new Cabin Crew for 2003.

Our operational bases for Summer 2003 will be Manchester, London - Gatwick, Stansted, East Midlands, Birmingham, Glasgow and Newcastle.

Although we have yet to finalise the exact number of vacancies at each of these bases, we are accepting applications for all of them. We will start interviewing in November 2002.

To join our team, you must meet the following criteria:

• Minimum age 19 years.

• Height between 5'3" and 6'3"

• Physically fit with good eyesight.
(A comprehensive Health Questionnaire and Eye Test will be required - glasses and contact lenses are permitted).

• Educated to at least O/GCSE level or equivalent.

• Good spoken and written English.

• Successful experience within a customer service environment.

• An E.U. passport with the unrestricted right to live and work in the UK and unrestricted entry to other countries.

Given your importance to the success of our airline, we will recognise and reward your performance with a whole range of benefits. These include:

• The freedom to make the most of your skills.

• A comprehensive 5-week training course.

• A modern and expanding fleet.

• A fixed term contract for Summer 2003

• A highly competitive salary package.

• Free parking.

• A true challenge - no two days will be the same!

See JMC website or aviation jobsearch.com

Monarch airlines:
If you enjoy meeting and working with people, are prepared for constant travel and hard work, then this may be the job for you.

Cabin Crew are Monarch's 'Shop Window'. They are primarily responsible for the safety and comfort of passengers whilst also providing a comprehensive In-flight service.

Essential requirements to become a seasonal Cabin Crew member:

a) Aged between 19 and 38 years.

b) Attractive personality and pleasing appearance.

Height: 160cm - 187cm
with weight in proportion to height.

c) A high standard of physical fitness.

d) A good standard of education. (Minimum GCSE Standard)

e) The ability to converse with and have a genuine interest in people.

f) Capable of swimming 23 metres.

g) A holder of a UK/EU Passport

The following are considered beneficial:

a) Experience dealing with the General Public, i.e.:

i) Leisure/Tourist Industry
ii) Retail Experience
iii) Catering/Bar Work
iv) Airport Environment

b) Ability to converse in a foreign language

We are also looking for the following for which additional supplements are paid:

a) Fluency in Spanish, Italian, German, French or Greek.

b) Fully qualified Nurse (UKCC Registered)

Information that we feel will be of interest to you:

Monarch Airlines have Cabin Crew based at Luton, Gatwick, Manchester, Birmingham and in addition we have smaller bases elsewhere in the U.K. The Head Office is at Luton. Cabin Crew are required to live within 90 minutes travelling distance of the Airport at which they are based. The Company does not provide accommodation but, where possible, will provide information.

To work as a Monarch Airlines Cabin Crew member you must be in possession of a passport which allows you unrestricted world-wide travel and you must be entitled to live and work indefinitely in the UK. You will be asked to provide evidence of these entitlements as part of the selection process.

Please note:
Monarch Airlines cannot apply for, or support any Visa/Work Permit applications

Cabin Crew are initially employed on a Fixed Term contract, and promotion to permanent strength is determined by availability of vacancies and personal performance.

The salary for Cabin Crew employed on their first seasonal contract is £768.95 per month, rising to £784.40 per month for those returning for a subsequent season.

Commission on in-flight sales is pooled and there are also various incentive schemes. Allowances are paid for all flying duties and the hourly rate is £2.23 and £2.67 for voyages. Additional allowances are paid for fluency in Spanish, Italian, German, French, or Greek, and also for a UKCC Registered Nursing Qualification.

A comprehensive training course covers such subjects as safety and survival, galley management, in-flight services and sales, first aid, grooming and presentation. Continued employment will be subject to satisfactory completion of the training course. Further in-flight training and assessments will be given by Senior Cabin Crew.

Leave for seasonal Cabin Crew is one and a quarter days per month worked. However, no holidays may be taken during your fixed term contract.

Interviews

Where possible candidates will be called for interview at a Base nearest to their postal address. This does not reflect the location of the posts available and successful applicants may be offered a position at ANY of Monarch’s Bases.

Travelling expenses incurred by applicants attending interviews will not be reimbursed by Monarch Airlines Limited. A whole day should be allowed for an interview.

No explanation will be given regarding the result of the interviews.

!!!!!****TO APPLY FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS****!!!!!
Please send an A4 stamped addressed envelope to:
Cabin Crew Recruitment
Monarch Airlines Limited,
Luton Airport.
Luton, Beds. LU2 9NU

Britannia Airways
CABIN CREW
GATWICK,LUTON,LEEDS BRADFORD,MANCHESTER,STANSTED
SALARY £11,000 PER ANNUM
We are currently recruiting cabin crew at several of our bases to work for this summer ending on 31st October 2002.

You must be a minimum age of 19 or over, be at least 5'2" with weight in proportion. Be the holder of a current passport with unrestricted travel to all our worldwide destinations and have the right to live and work in the UK.

Have worked with the public and have excellant Customer Service skills.

In accordance with CAA requirements you must be medically fit.

You must be committed to working for all of the summer period.

For an interview please call personally on 01582 428780 or 01582 428725

Skydive Girl
24th Jul 2002, 11:50
:) Thank you everybody for the advice and taking the time out to reply to my original message - I wont give up, I shall try again for Virgin in 6 months and in the meantime apply for some other airlines!

My boyfriend just found out today that he has been offered the Fire Brigade and that was his 3rd attempt, so it just proves the perserverance does pay off (he dosent know if he is going to take it now though!)

Happy and safe flying to you all, hopefully I will join you all soon! ;)

manty
24th Jul 2002, 12:34
hiya skydive girl..

just want to advise you not to give up hope yet. i didn't get into emirates and yeah i feel a lil' sad by hey then again this is my 1st attempt and there will always be next time. a failure today doesn't mean that you gonna be a failure tomorrow. i'm still hoping to get into emirates and can't wait for the next 6 mths...;)

londonjedi
25th Jul 2002, 14:33
Well sorry babe...
I know rejection is tough, I'm a Pilot in the making and I've had my balls kicked hard recently, (not by a girl now!) and hey i aint trying to pull or anything but if you wanna go out to dinner sometime, well, I'll treat ya! I'm gonna be strung for saying this but I'm man enough to ask!! (I am under 30 so there!)

;)

londonjedi
25th Jul 2002, 14:36
oops. sorry miss.

just realised u got a boyfriend.

well any others need cheering up?