PDA

View Full Version : SE helicopter jobs II

nonradio
23rd Jul 2002, 16:18
Good evening all, So does this mean there is buggar all for SE jocks or that there isn't much of a SE industry in Africa? Come on chaps have a heart - I'm the one stuck in Blighty!!

Cardinal Puff
25th Jul 2002, 11:35
Mmmmm, tricky.....

The only real work for singles around Africa seems to be game capture, traffic and news, a bit of tourist stuff and so on. Nothing really big but give John Vinagre a call at National Helicopters in JHB (if they're still open) or check out www.enstrom.co.za for more info.

Back again. I just spoke to Paul at Enstrom and he tells me there are quite a number of things I missed. Surveys, game counting and scenic flights to name a few. Contact him on [email protected] for more info regarding licencing and validations. He tells me they're also trying for the nod from JAA.

Good luck!

nonradio
25th Jul 2002, 12:09
Thanks CP, I was beginning to lose hope!

weedflier
25th Jul 2002, 14:05
Pan African Airlines operate Bell 206's out of Escravos, Nigeria for Chevron Oil.

Pan African Airlines

Murtala Muhammed Airport
(Old Domestic), Ikeja
Lagos
Tel: +234 1-933098; 4963601; 4963798.

nonradio
25th Jul 2002, 16:21
Thanks weedflier,much appreciated.

SASless
29th Jul 2002, 09:47
Pan African is now Air Logistics Lafayette, Louisana run.....bought by OLOG and no longer owned by Africair in Miami, Florida. Pilots are supposed to be all Air Log guys.....they just trained up a bunch of American pilots for the 412's....and I would imagine the purge is on....all the South Africans are probably going to be looking for work as a result. Ivan Culver at Air Log, International is the manager responsible for manning the operation. You can reach him by means of the company website.....

nonradio
30th Jul 2002, 13:58
SASless - thanks for the update,cheers!