PDA

View Full Version : Looking for N844AA

fesmokie
21st Jul 2002, 13:48
Anyone seen this B-727 N844AA in Angola ( Luanda ) or elsewhere recently ? Thanx.

JJflyer
21st Jul 2002, 19:40
Aircraft is still in US registration. Last reported owner being

Aerospace Sales & Leasing CO INC
9990 SW 77TH Ave Ph9
Miami, FL, 33156

There are a few US registered B727īs operating in the region. I have not seen this particular machine around. Unless it is under cover with a fake reg on it.

fesmokie
21st Jul 2002, 22:02
Thanx for the info. I was just wondering if it was still in Angola or elswhere in Africa. It was US registered when I was there and a very BAD NEWS operation under "Irwin Air" out of Jo-Burg. The guy leased the aircraft and brought crews from the US for a few months and never Paid them. Then he left with the Money and went back to Jo-Burg to start another buisiness. Handshakes and Verbal contracts don't mean Sh.. any more, if you know what I mean. If anyone sees the airplane out there somewhere I'd like to know anyway. Thanx

Boss Raptor
23rd Jul 2002, 12:58
Think the aircraft has shown up in Nigeria registered as 5N-RIR with IRS Airlines...Serial 20985...B727-223 ?

fesmokie
23rd Jul 2002, 13:41
Thanx for the info. If its not US reg. any longer my quest is over. I had a sneaking feeling that it would end up elswhere in Africa and that it would eventually lose its N number due to it being operated illegally under the FAR's. Again Thanx