PDA

View Full Version : How does it cost in South Africa

jetsetter
21st Jul 2002, 10:11
Dear ppruners,

Since everyone keep telling that pilot training in South Africa is very cheap, affordable,etc....

So how much does it actually cost...say for a CPL MEIR over in South Africa??

And which flying school gives the cheapest flying lesson and aircrafty rental???

Please kindly advice me...

thank you.

fesmokie
21st Jul 2002, 13:56
I don't know what it cost for flying lessons etc. but I do know that it's very inexpensive to live in Jo-burg which would offset the cost flight training. Good Luck !

Cardinal Puff
22nd Jul 2002, 13:26
Flight training at Wonderboom around US$14000-00 for a MEIR CPL including instructor qualification. For more gen contact me on email [email protected] and I'll try to get you some details. It may take a while as I'm out of town for a bit and I lost the school's phone number.

You may have a problem converting to a JAA licence but if you intend working in Africa it's worth doing.

jetsetter
23rd Jul 2002, 03:29
How bout the flying schools over at Durban....is there any reputable school in that area...heard that the cost of living over in Durban is very cheap....also anyone have any comments about Virginia Flight School...how's their training,cost,etc....kindly advice me..

Irv
23rd Jul 2002, 23:27
I would guess the least expensive is the one I rented from - Algoa in Port Elizabeth as they are a mutual owned by members rather than a for-profit company. If it isn't the cheapest, I can't imagine why it isn't!