PDA

View Full Version : FAA ATPL , which school provides flight training?

spithakos1
20th Nov 2017, 13:07
Hi and thanks in advance for any suggestions,
I m planning to finally take my FAA ATPL and I m struggling to find a school (FL?) that actually provides ground and flight training in a multi in preparation for the oral and checkride.
I ve allready figured out where I ll take my ATP-CTP course and the written exam but nothing for the checkride.

Any info /suggestions would be highly appreciated.

P.S. Not a US citizen.

rudestuff
21st Nov 2017, 09:20
Probably because there is no such thing as an FAA ATPL. On a less pedantic note, I would expect almost every school with a twin to offer it.
What licence/hours do you have? TC>FAA might be an easier route.

B2N2
21st Nov 2017, 09:26
If we know the reason why we may be better able to help you.
Apart from Captain Grumpy from the Spelling Police.....:}

spithakos1
27th Nov 2017, 17:53
Probably because there is no such thing as an FAA ATPL. On a less pedantic note, I would expect almost every school with a twin to offer it.
What licence/hours do you have? TC>FAA might be an easier route.

Thanks for reminding me, I got FAA CPL CFII and B737, aprox 3000, I ve allready contacted numerous schools in FL and a couple of majors (ATP) and surprise surprise nobody offers it.

Allready figured out the place(p.142) for my CTP and the written (as my current had been expired years ago) but nothing for preparation for the oral and checkride, oops I meant practical test.

spithakos1
27th Nov 2017, 17:56
If we know the reason why we may be better able to help you.
Apart from Captain Grumpy from the Spelling Police.....:}

:) Thanks, I m in the process of applying to some airline in ASIA with my rusted B737 rating, so all will come out of my pocket unfortunately.

rudestuff
28th Nov 2017, 19:24
Are you wanting to do the checkride in a 737? If you're current on a piston twin you shoot be able to take the checkride at pretty much any school.

spithakos1
9th Jan 2018, 10:12
Thanks for your reply, I m not current anymore in a twin I m flying for about 4 years now C208B so I was trying to find a place where I can brush up my MEL maneuvers and then do the checkride.
So I started sending messages to almost every flight school in FL that I knew (was a CFI years ago there) or found through google, even big fancy ones and surprise surprise noone is providing (for some reason that I cant comprehend) any kind of flight training towards the ATP (except a major one that has CTP+Type rating program).
The only ones that replied were P.142 like Panam etc and they can do it through a full type rating after of course the CTP and the written.
It seems that everyone is getting it through the airline that is hired (US) or a type.
I ve even send msg to the FAA International FSDO in LA as the South FL FSDO suggested since I m an alien, asking for help on this, but for about 4 months now no reply.