PDA

View Full Version : BA 757 Type rating courses when recruitment picks up?

Speedbird744
2nd Dec 2001, 04:25
Once British Airways start recruiting pilots again, will they have any training courses still for their 757 fleet?
I've seen on the BA Website fleet page of the B757 that they have orders of 2/3! Whats going on? I thought the 757 has peaked.

Recover
2nd Dec 2001, 19:37
I would say the chances of going to the 757 are pretty close to zero. Approximately 30 pilots from each seat have been taken off the 757 recently and are making their merry way through 'Bus training.

As we all know it is a shrinking fleet and, although the shrinkage slowed down for a little while, it seems to be running down quite quickly now. What with getting rid of 6 767s and the 'old' C-engined 757s going, it is hardly surprising that fewer pilots are needed.

The website out of date. Well, I'm afraid from a bitter and twisted cynic like me, it comes as no great surprise. We employ thousands of IT people and pay them lots of money, but the only thing they seem capable of is crashing systems without back-up and costing us millions of pounds into the bargain or doing REALLY valueable tasks like collecting in unused pagers.....why do we bother!

But enough of that, hope the 757 question is answered. I'd bet on 737 LHR if I was going to put money on anything.

And.....

Recover