PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Protocol Stress ECG.

pistonprovost
14th Nov 2017, 09:20
Good morning one and all.

Could any kind person help me with a query regarding the stress ECG test?

Been through the CAA Medical section and downloaded the spec required and what is expected of me!

The question is does any one know where the nearest location to me is in the Lincoln area?

I live very close to central Lincoln but will of course travel if needs must:ok:

Any suggestions welcomed!

cavortingcheetah
14th Nov 2017, 14:20
When transiting through the UK, I've always done mine through the Global Clinic or Spire Hospital group, there are both of these at Norwich, using their private cardiologist and having it paid for by my private medical insurance. I get away with that because I have had, in the past, a blood pressure problem. I would suggest that you try either Global or Spire Hospital networks nearer to you than NWI.
Make sure when you are booking your check that the cardiologist understands that you need a Bruce Protocol ECG and that you'd like to have the trace and his report in order that you can submit them to the CAA. Don't just let him send them off to LGW, get a copy.

pistonprovost
14th Nov 2017, 18:02
Hello Cavortingcheetah,

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.

Its very much appreciated:ok:

cavortingcheetah
14th Nov 2017, 21:22
Always a pleasure and thank you for the thank you. Any cardiologist who practices privately should be able to help you, perhaps using NHS equipment for all I know, because you'd be paying for the session anyway.
Hope that all helps. Best of luck.

Radgirl
15th Nov 2017, 09:22
Just a disclaimer that where I work in the private sector we neither mislead the insurers nor illegally use NHS equipment (ours is much better anyway). Sorry, but if you need a medical test for your occupation please stop discussing dodgy doctors or dodgy hospitals whether actual or theoretical. We are a legitimate, moral and ethical industry that works to high standards and earns £6-8B for the UK balance of trade, employs thousands and pays loads of taxes

I now invite the previous posters to complain they were doing nothing wrong.....

pistonprovost
15th Nov 2017, 10:43
Radgirl,

I will take your invitation to reply to your very poisonous reply.

First and foremost do not issume on my behalf that I am looking for a cheap or alternative way of completing the Stress Treadmill test.

Neither do you know any of my history in relation to aviation, to issume is a very deadly occupation.

Secondly I posted this question i the hope that some kind person would help me to locate a location for this test.

Cavorting cheetah very kindly replied to me and advised as per my polite request.

I really do not see anything wrong in his reply as he was only trying to help.

This leads me to the question you have poised?

What is your problem apart from screwing up peoples lives?
I have seen many Doctors in my time and most talk utter nonsense.

One at Gatwick a long time ago told me I wouldn't fly as long as I have a hole in my arse!

Guess what.... I proved him wrong and progressed to a clean class 2 medical.
Guess what I think of Doctors....

Your turn to sound off with even more stupidity :ugh:

Radgirl
15th Nov 2017, 12:12
Thank you Pistonprovost. My post was quite clear about my concerns. If you re read it you will realise I was not commenting on your posts!

pistonprovost
15th Nov 2017, 12:30
Radgirl,

Fair enough and I apologise profusely.

I just felt I was the instigator and felt as though one member came who to my help didn't deserve your comment.

That was all.

Shack37
15th Nov 2017, 16:38
pistonprovost

Much more of this and you´ll be:
too stressed
to take the test.

Pardon the poetry

cavortingcheetah
16th Nov 2017, 20:41
Dear Radgirl,
By a process of wondrous elimination I deduce that you must have been making a prejudicial reply to my earlier post, an occurrence which doesn't really surprise me because it's something you've frequently done before.
You would appear to be a most knowledgeable and qualified medical member of hospital personnel practising in New Zealand. As a medical professional posting on a pilots' medical network I do think that, if you're going to be vituperatively critical of people's postings, you should do so in a precise, informed and logical manner, diagnostic perhaps?
I would say to you that rather than accepting your invitation to complain that I have done nothing wrong, I'd rather invite you to tell me what I had done wrong. Please be so kind as to explain to me in the context of misleading insurers, abusing NHS equipment, dodgy doctors and dodgy hospitals, both NHS and private, the error of my ways so that I may yet learn how to be a legitimate, moral and ethical humble person albeit not a qualified medical person.

pistonprovost, Thank you so much for the support. I couldn't quite fathom how you could possibly have been included in the 'previous posters' although, I suspect for a moment there, that you were. Perhaps if I can be of further service you'd better pm me. I have to tell you right now though, that I wouldn't advise getting an orchidectomy on the cheapo although I know an ex NHS consultant in Nelson New Zealand who plays rugby.

Radgirl
17th Nov 2017, 09:54
Happy to oblige Cavortingcheetah

I did not make a prejudicial reply, merely a disclaimer protecting my profession. It was in response to your comments 'I get away with it' and 'using NHS equipment'.

Now I dont know the details, and nor do I want to. Nevertheless, these comments could be construed as suggesting that the private sector is not as honest or professional as it is. Hence my response. Valid and appropriate.

By way of background, I have to point out that the private medical sector is in dire straights. The number of insured patients is continuing to fall and most private hospitals only continue by doing NHS work. A recent criminal case has resulted in recommendations that doctors should only practice if employed by a hospital, which may halve the number of doctors and ramp up charges to patients and pilots.

You may ask why it matters; first private medicine is a significant employer. Second it brings in £6-8b in balance of trade and pays significant amounts of tax including VAT as it is VAT exempt. Third and most important a truly monopolistic NHS would likely restrict some drugs and treatment.

My interest in this forum is to help pilots keep flying. Should the private sector fail the big boys like BA and Virgin will look after their pilots via internal OH. The smaller players and the PPLs will not have access to this. The NHS wont do tests for what is a hobby and as a result if you need further tests to keep your medical you may not be able to get them in the UK and be 'medically terminated'.

So please, even if you are joking, dont make comments that suggest private doctors and hospitals are dodgy. It could backfire on you and other pilots.

Landflap
17th Nov 2017, 11:55
Radgirl , a post clarifying concerns as a result of a previous post and then muddled by denying reference to previous posts has me shrieking ; " Order ! Will the right hounourable member for NZ please refrain ! "

Radgirl
17th Nov 2017, 12:33
Landflap, I think it should be me shrieking

As you say my post was for clarification. I have not denied any reference to previous posts. If you read the thread you will see my original post criticised earlier posts without specifying them. There had been 2 posters: pistonprovost who is happy I wasnt referring to him, and cavortingcheetah who correctly identified my post as referring to him by a process of elimination. Simples.

Fire and brimstone
17th Nov 2017, 15:12
Hey everyone!

Stop giving Radgirl such a hard time.

Her admiration for and support of all those attempting to demonstrate their fitness to be a pilot is legendary.

My favourite quote was "I never use the term fit" in regard to pilots.

We need more folk like her to make aviation a safer place.

cavortingcheetah
17th Nov 2017, 15:44
Dear Radgirl,

With no intention of giving you a hard time but still feeling perturbed at your diagnostic extrapolations, I don't really think that you have provided a precise answer to my previous question. Nonetheless and disregarding that, with regard to this statement of yours quoted below:

(So please, even if you are joking, dont make comments that suggest private doctors and hospitals are dodgy. It could backfire on you and other pilots.)

Perhaps you could provide me with examples of posts in which I suggest, as you have suggested I have, that doctors and hospitals are dodgy or even where I have discussed dodgy hospitals or doctors. Global Clinic and Spire Hospitals are far from being dodgy places filled with dodgy doctors. So I think that you are quite wrong to say about them: (please stop discussing dodgy doctors or dodgy hospitals whether actual or theoretical)

Moving on now though to an area that must be of mutual concern, the decline of private hospitals in Britain about which you are so worried, just you wait until jolly Jeremy and his band of Marxists up the VAT on private medical insurance to 20%. No one will be able to afford to pay for private medical insurance then. In case you haven't heard of this plan, it is John McDonnell's way of paying for car parking at NHS hospitals which will be free under the rule of Momentum.

Radgirl
17th Nov 2017, 16:44
Thanks Fire and Brimstone

Cavortingcheetah, I am not going to make things worse by discussing why your comments could be seen as describing dodgy going ons. I will pm you.

cavortingcheetah
17th Nov 2017, 21:14
Very dodgy,

Radgirl, thank you for your pm to which I have responded. Normal play may now perhaps resume.
I am sorry to say however, that I will not be able to divulge precise details of how one can quite legally obtain prescription drugs over the pharmacy counter in South Africa without a prescription.