18th Jul 2002, 04:02
Good Luck

V1 Rotate
22nd Jul 2002, 14:32
GOOD JOB !!

V1 Rotate

JJflyer
22nd Jul 2002, 18:59
US DOJ has changed rules again a few weeks ago... I suggest you contact schools that are used to train foreign students for info regarding the new requirments.

I am not sure about obtaining initial type rating, but getting recurrent has got a lot easier and friendlier than it was 2 months ago. I have been told that adding new ratings to my licence is not a problem either.

Instead of the old 45 days, you can approval from DOJ in 3 working days ( provided that you are not associated with nasty people ).

canileb
24th Jul 2002, 16:17
Speaking of the DOJ, do I need to contact them if I just want to do my ATP rating (flight test only)? Or are they just checking people who need to do a type rating?

Thanks!

JJflyer
24th Jul 2002, 19:45
As far as I know this rule applies for pilots doing training, including proficiency checks, on aircraft weighing more than 12500lbs. Now if you do your ATP ride in a Seneca it will not fit into this category.

Contact the school you intend to do your ATP with. If they do not have sufficient info on the subject, look at another school. It is better to be safe than sorry. Would not like get deported if somebody didnīt check all the aspects.
Call the local US consular section regarding the Visa requirements.
You should be excluded from the M1 requirement and be able to do the rating on your B1/B2 (Business Visa). If you do more than 20 week hours of class room training you require a IAP-(66 I think) form and thus appropriate Visa from an accredited school that has authority to issue this form.

Times are not good for being a foreigner, greencard holders included, to do flight training in US. Especially if you live outside US and have to present your case to an Immigration officer prior to entering country. So make sure that you have covered all your aspects and have correct paperwork.
Also I was advised by a consulate that as far as they are concerned, one should be able to do a PC with B1/B2(Canīt remeber which was the business and which the tourist Visa). But they also said that quality of Immigration officers at the point of entry vary greatly...

ShenziRubani
24th Jul 2002, 19:56
Hey canileb,
I'm in the Us at the moment finishing my training. You don't really have to deal with the DOJ, all formalities have to go trough your school who will advise you on the procedure. Things are changing continuously here but I have a friend (French passport) who just came for 1 week to pass his ATPL. He didn't need to go through any red tape

canileb
24th Jul 2002, 21:21
Thanks a lot! Seems easier than I thought. My only problem is that I would have wanted to do my training at allatps (allatps.com) but they do not issue student visas...

Cheers,

canileb