PDA

View Full Version : bmi british midland

Ryanair Wannabee
17th Jul 2002, 17:54
Hi Guys.
Can anyone tell me:
- How many flights a day the newbies get?
- The kind of salary?
- The working/dayoff a week ratio?
- How may standbys a month?
- Layovers for crews?
- Tips for the interview?
Thanx, just wanted to know coz i have an interview with em, so please help!

Tiger
18th Jul 2002, 07:21
Depending which base you are talking about

LHR 4-5 sectors a day, although there is the odd 2 sector day about. (few and far between)

Basic salary not too bad and LHR attracks London weighting. approx £9000 pa plus £2700 ish
Flight pay better now (when I left £1.07 ph) believe its around the £1.60 mark now days.

Rosters were a joke as no stablity except days off. Work 5 or 6 days on with either 2-3 days off.

SBY were whenever. It was 45 min call out but think this has increased to 1 hour 15-30min.
The was something called Service Back up airport based SBY, otherwise it was at home. Use to be 0430-1300, and 1100-1900 SBY blocks

Crews nightstop over network except NCE, PMI, CDG

Use to be high turn over of crew at LHR. Tried to give the small we are happy friendly airline image (join the family) which means you get treated like a child.
Tips for interview...give it a miss! Horrid company

KingoftheRoad
18th Jul 2002, 08:26
Tip For The Interview ...........

Don't tell 'em you really wanted to go to Ryanair, but couldn't get in. ;)

Ryanair Wannabee
18th Jul 2002, 10:26
It wasn't that i could not get in, I've just never recieved a reply! :)
Thanx for any help.

Ryanair Wannabee
22nd Jul 2002, 21:02
How does the interview work?

Ricky Butcher
29th Jan 2003, 22:23
Can anyone from bmi provide any up to date info on what its like to work there? I have a mate with an interview coming up who's looking to jump ship from a long haul operation and would really appreciate any info! Thanks!

Tiger
31st Jan 2003, 15:05
and he/she will be sorry........

Party_Girl
31st Jan 2003, 21:05
u do not want to work for Ryanair!!!! good pay really bad company, they treat u like dirt

Good luck with BMI tho

Tiger
31st Jan 2003, 22:05
work for bmi then you`ll get all 3....bad pay, really bad company and they treat you like dirt.:*

Good luck tho........:yuk: