PDA

View Full Version : UK CAA Fees

Direct DIKRO
30th Oct 2017, 15:46
Just a quick question. I have had my medical suspended and have been referred to a CAA AMS. As part of this, the AMS is of course a private consultant and thus a further fee is involved. Also, my AME has been an absolute nightmare and his busy body receptionist has been a nightmare to deal with. She has taken great pleasure with hitting me with a further bill.

Has anyone ever been successful reclaiming these unavoidable fees back from the CAA? I realise it is probably unlikely, but it just seems a little unfair that I should be made to pay a bill for the CAA’s compulsory requirements and paying for tests privately.

AyrTC
30th Oct 2017, 16:03
I don’t think you have any chance at all ( I would like to be proved wrong ). Recently a family member had to jump through a few medical hoops at the CAA’s request and any letter from the CAA included the phrase :

“ Rergretfully any fees incurred remain your responsibility and not that of the CAA “

Parson
3rd Nov 2017, 14:28
Direct DIKRO - I'm not sure what part of the country you are in but I would look for another AME. Both I have used (1st one retired or I'd still being seeing him) are/were a delight to visit.

Parson
3rd Nov 2017, 14:29
Sorry, I see now you are in London - I haven't checked but you are likely to have a reasonable choice.