PDA

View Full Version : Stapleford Ground School ATPL

wickedkick
20th Oct 2017, 16:11
Have just finished my PPL and want to go on to do my ATPL, I've been looking at groundschools and most of them are distant learning I've heard great things about Bristol on here.

My question is has anyone had any experience with Stapleford Ground School for their ATPLs?

wickedkick
21st Oct 2017, 23:07
Stapleford isn't my closest airport I'd be moving to commence training.

I would do but I don't like distance learning, I find I learn better in an environment with other people and someone teaching the subject.

I was thinking of doing the full time ground school and fit some hour building in on some weekends, After we finish the ATPL theory my plan was to do structured hour building where I practice my nav skills, get better at flying not just randomly burn holes in the sky.

Jake Smith
23rd Oct 2017, 16:35
Hi, I am also deciding what ground school I should go to and found myself in a similar situation to yourself... Deciding between Bristol (Not Local) and Stapleford (Local). My plan is to do everything (excluding ATPL's) at Stapleford and my ATPL Studies at Bristol Distance Learning... My only concerns are the same as yours... Would I be able to study at home rather than at a school etc.... Some food for thought I guess...

paco
24th Oct 2017, 06:55
If I'm not mistaken, Stapleford use BGS materials anyway....

Dream2Jet
2nd Nov 2017, 08:51
Hi wickedkick, I have first hand experience of SFC ground school and er its not a good one.

If u have to go full time its the big 2 really which are much more expensive but best to do to nail it in the shortest time possible. U might save a few k with the likes of SFC and others but it will take u quite a months more so its not really worth it.

r10bbr
2nd Nov 2017, 17:48
have you not looked at CAE Oxford for ground school/ CTC ground school / FTA Bournemouth/ ? i am pretty sure that the teaching at CAE is better than Stapleford overall but it all does come down to individual learning as well after the lessons... also correct me if i am wrong but a name like CAE Oxford would look far better than Stapleford on your cv...

Groundloop
3rd Nov 2017, 08:28
Someone who believes CAE's marketing hype!

wickedkick
8th Nov 2017, 10:44
Hi wickedkick, I have first hand experience of SFC ground school and er its not a good one.

If u have to go full time its the big 2 really which are much more expensive but best to do to nail it in the shortest time possible. U might save a few k with the likes of SFC and others but it will take u quite a months more so its not really worth it.

Can you elaborate?

PalacePilot
10th Nov 2017, 18:52
Have just finished my PPL and want to go on to do my ATPL, I've been looking at groundschools and most of them are distant learning I've heard great things about Bristol on here.

My question is has anyone had any experience with Stapleford Ground School for their ATPLs?

I had a look at Stapleford for my ATPL. In the end I decided on BCFT where I am now. Can't recommend BCFT more. Really good bunch of instructors who really care about teaching you the best they can. Years of experience and so much knowledge on the subject areas. Bournemouth is a bit more sociable in my opinion. Most students stay in a student hotel owned by BCFT.

Drop them an email and organise a visit.

Avoid CTC. They put business success over student success.