PDA

View Full Version : Worried granddad

Loose rivets
18th Oct 2017, 01:47
Very worried.

One of my 'babies' in Texas, a 13yo girl, has had a raging temperature for three days. She was found on the floor during the night and rushed to hospital.

Not flu. So they say. Temp comes down below 100 and takes a little food. On the mend. but now, temp back up to 103.

She had her thyroid zapped with radio iodine or some such a few months back but I'm wondering if the immune system could still be attacking the remains of the gland.

Two nights now I've just got a stressful update as I'm going to bed.

Her dad is PhD who happened to do a dissertation involving the immune system, but while he is able to research well, it doesn't mean he can take the right route instinctively as a non doctor of medicine.

The local children's hospital MRI'd her head after a fall but I'm wondering if there could be something like Hoshimoto's disease despite the gland having be destroyed (so they think)

God, this world has been nothing but stress for the last year.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

It was a gland under her brain that caused the thyroid to overspeed in the first place. I wonder what hormone could make the immune system target the thyroid again.

I pulled this off the net but it's all to do with an over active gland.
In most cases, Hashi’s is confirmed by two antibodies labs, and you need both, not just one:

Loose rivets
19th Oct 2017, 09:35
Well, it looks like typhus. At least they're experienced with that down in south Texas.

Like a heavy weight when one's kids get sick.