PDA

View Full Version : EK New Ad Campaign

Talparc
15th Oct 2017, 17:56
New Campaign is now online:
Don't stop me now is the new slogan.
Couldn't find a better slogan, they stopped long time ago.

ruserious
15th Oct 2017, 18:21
Don't stop me now
Cause I'm havin' a good time
Don't stop me now
Yes I'm havin' a good time
I don't wanna stop at all, yeah

I'm a rocket ship on my way to Mars
On a collision course
I am a satellite
I'm out of control

Bowwing
15th Oct 2017, 19:34
Anyone have a t'internet link?

Bowwing
15th Oct 2017, 19:44
I'll answer my own question...

type http first

://www.thenational.ae/business/emirates-rocks-on-with-new-15m-ad-campaign-1.667291

A fantastically accurate portrayal of the Emirates experience if you ask me. 15 million dollars well spent!

givemewings
16th Oct 2017, 01:25
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B0WdwRBCMAAIWLu.jpg

givemewings
16th Oct 2017, 01:30
Saw it on TV and couldn't believe my ears. They're so out of touch with reality it's ridiculous.

Where's the 14 hour DXB-US flight full of screaming kids running around, people with far too much luggage and of course the old "want a special meal but didn't order it crowd"?

And not to forget the whining toddler seated right next to the CRC against procedure...

But it's OK we have 1500 channels to distract you from this misery- when they work...

Better choice would have been...

"Is this the real life, is this just fantasy

Caught in a landslide no escape from reality"

Etc etc. It's the perfect choice it has a poor boy and a devil and nothing really matters- which is eventually how anyone worth a damn in that company ends up feeling and does a runner :\ :E

Dropp the Pilot
16th Oct 2017, 01:45
A cheery little ad for what many travellers think is a pretty good airline yet it provokes so much venom and loathing. What could it possibly be about?

Maybe some of you are fat-bottomed girls?

Gulf News
16th Oct 2017, 01:59
As long as it doesn’t change to” Another one bites the dust “

givemewings
16th Oct 2017, 03:05
Dropp, not as many as used to think it was good.

Before I would have agreed but getting to listen first hand to customer perception sadly "she just ain't what she used to be"

The charging extra for seat selection really started it...

Also- what's the problem with fat bottomed girls? :E

Schnowzer
16th Oct 2017, 03:06
Good music, nice little promo. As my old boss used to say "it's ok to be cynical, just don't get bitter and twisted"

glofish
16th Oct 2017, 03:18
Yes, good music, nice little promo, no punch line, no new ideas, seen it, skipped it, could be for any airline ....

ehhhr for which one was it again?

GillEx737
16th Oct 2017, 03:46
Now now...it might be a misrepresentation but you can't deny, EK are excellent at spin...it's a good ad!

fatbus
16th Oct 2017, 04:26
The anti-EK mob would never admit anything the least bit good with EK.

glofish
16th Oct 2017, 08:03
Not entirely true.

The ad is not bad, as i said, but at its end you could just put in any other airline brand, there's nothing distinctive about EK.
They had better ones.

jetjockey696
16th Oct 2017, 11:07
It cost $15million of blood and sweat for 1 minute. LOL... there goes everything.

Emirates launches $15m ad campaign | GulfNews.com (http://gulfnews.com/business/aviation/emirates-launches-15m-ad-campaign-1.2105976)

cerbus
16th Oct 2017, 23:11
Okay Fatbus, what's good with Emirates? Especially when compared to Lufthansa, Air France, BA and Delta.

ACP
17th Oct 2017, 02:18
Okay Fatbus, what's good with Emirates? Especially when compared to Lufthansa, Air France, BA and Delta.

What's good with these airlines when compared to EK? Where are you working?

rcsa
17th Oct 2017, 05:05
It cost $15million of blood and sweat for 1 minute. LOL... there goes everything.

Emirates launches $15m ad campaign | GulfNews.com (http://gulfnews.com/business/aviation/emirates-launches-15m-ad-campaign-1.2105976)

The ad didn't cost 15 mill. The campaign has a 15 mill budget. Production cost of the commercial will be a small percentage of that - maybe 3 - 5% tops. The rest is spent on placement and related costs, over multiple territories and some months, I'd guess.

atakacs
17th Oct 2017, 05:21
I don't know about the ads but for some of the destinations I fly their business pricing is all the sudden out of touch (typically twice the price of the competition). Very noticeable and surprising to be honest.

Odins Raven
17th Oct 2017, 07:59
“Don’t Stop Me Now...”

However, wouldn’t the singer of that song actually have been stopped after all - at Immigration?

What, with being openly gay AND suffering from HIV?

🤔😬

Not a dig at EK, but somewhat ironic considering recent arrests in Dubai?!

givemewings
17th Oct 2017, 08:38
“Don’t Stop Me Now...”

However, wouldn’t the singer of that song actually have been stopped after all - at Immigration?

What, with being openly gay AND suffering from HIV?

🤔😬

Not a dig at EK, but somewhat ironic considering recent arrests in Dubai?!

I had the same thought. Seems it's OK if you're famous (see: Kim Kardashian extremely pregnant and unmarried frolicking on the beach with Kanye West) anyone else would get arrested

Jet II
17th Oct 2017, 14:16
I think its pretty good, better than the Jennifer Anniston ones and much, much better than the daft 'Hello Tomorrow' campaign.

xG-NGPbtOOk

Although nothing beats the BA ad from the glory days.

Yxbgm9Bmkzw

PositiveRate876
17th Oct 2017, 16:15
$15M...

There wasn't anything cheaper available in Satwa or Dragon Mart?

At least they could have bought 3 Jennifer Anistons for that.

nolimitholdem
17th Oct 2017, 16:35
"Nothing" beats BA ads?

Agree to disagree! :)

FYQHDadIDxk

Jet II
17th Oct 2017, 17:49
The bearded one never did have any class..;)

nolimitholdem
19th Oct 2017, 00:42
If you're thinking about Sir Richard during that ad, it's probably not aimed at your demographic! :)

Wasn't slagging the BA ads, btw, they were indeed great.

Skywards747
19th Oct 2017, 02:09
Since we are talking about BA ads, as an aviator, This is my favorite

a4JdQi60an0

Kobus Dune
19th Oct 2017, 06:29
$ 15 M ? really ?

My son could have done it with his computer in a week-end, and he would have been happy with $ 500 ...

Jet II
19th Oct 2017, 14:34
I always liked this ad, simply because it recognized its not all about the Flt Crew..

0nBgoyEgfwY

Jack330
19th Oct 2017, 17:29
BA stands well above all, top !! You can't buy class with money unfortunately for ek